INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User defined Sub media Types  (Read 1508 times)

Steve C

• Recent member
User defined Sub media Types
« on: October 02, 2017, 10:38:24 am »

Hi All

Is it possible to create custom media subtypes, or copy and edit a default one in MC23 Windows?

I want to Change the portrait cover layout for my Video Movies it used to be OK, however, sometime back in MC21 it changed for some reason.

Thanks in advance
Steve

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: User defined Sub media Types
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 04:01:21 pm »

Is it possible to create custom media subtypes, or copy and edit a default one in MC23 Windows?

No, the Media Sub Type has a fixed set of values determined by the JRiver staff.  It's not designed to be user editable.  There are other ways to do things that most people want to do without using Media Sub Type to do it.

I want to Change the portrait cover layout for my Video Movies it used to be OK, however, sometime back in MC21 it changed for some reason.

I don't understand what you are asking for.  The media sub type "Movie" uses a portrait orientation for all cover art on my system and has since I first started using video support in MC21. Can you give some more info and/or post a screen shot to illustrate your point?

Brian.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: User defined Sub media Types
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 05:22:44 pm »

I'll bet you media-subtype is not set to Movie on the problematic items :)
Carnac attempts to auto-fill the properties, and sometimes it gets things a little wrong.

As blgentry hints, you're probably better ignoring the stock media-subtype field for anything complex, and instead creating your own field.
You can just ignore the stock field and just let MC use it for it's internal thumbnailing/ bookmarking magic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up