INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming FM Archived Signal Difficulty  (Read 2296 times)

Blu99Zoomer

• Recent member
Streaming FM Archived Signal Difficulty
« on: October 03, 2017, 09:47:53 am »

I listen to a local FM radio station's archived stream almost daily"wwuh.org".  They have perhaps eleven different Jazz shows/DJ's throughout the week at many different times.  So they play a good variety.  They also play most types of music.  So if I am looking for a change of pace...  It's all background music, nothing critical.  But I find it a good way to hear new music.  I have been able to do so using Media Center for many years over many updates and versions thankfully.  Intermittantly, I will be unable to stream a show, switch to another date/show and am able to play the stream.  The last couple of days, I have not been able to stream any of the archived streams despite trying to listen on my iPhone 6s over wifi nor on two different PC's one of which is running the most recent 23 build while the other runs on the most stable 22 build.  I tried rebooting my modem last night thinking that the problem might be modem related.  I have tried waiting out the buffering.  All to no avail.
I am hoping to get some suggestions here on the Forum.  Thanks for your time.

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Streaming FM Archived Signal Difficulty
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 10:03:34 am »

How are you 'navigating' to the archived streams in MC? I'm trying to work out if you're simply using the WDM driver or had some other mechanism to get to the streams on the webpage.

Spike

Blu99Zoomer

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 12:55:58 pm »

Hi Spike!

Thanks for the speedy reply.  I have set up in the left hand pane under Audio> Connected Media> WWUH.  This gets me to their web page.  I had saved the link by right clicking on their appropriate page I believe.  That was a long time ago for this old brain to remember.  Then I click on their Archive button, then click on the date/show that I would like to listen to.  I am able to listen to their Live stream.  The archived stream is the elusive character.

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

Blu99Zoomer

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 10:09:24 am »

Just as an update, I tried listening to one of the JRiver default loaded streams, public radio, and I saw a warning pop up from MC that asked if i would like to change my settings from one to another.  After changing I was able to listen to that stream.  However, I am still unable to listen to my usual.  :(  I have spoken with two of the stations dj's.  They have not heard of others having issues.  I have sent an email to the streaming service.  Any one know how to change the full moon's effect? :) 
Anyway, still looking for an answer to this vexing issue.  Thanks.

Best but,
Blu

Blu99Zoomer

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 01:32:32 pm »

Spike,

I am not using the WDM driver.  I output to an Emotiva XDA-1.  I took at the windows sound settings to verify.  Does that answer your question Sir?

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

Blu99Zoomer

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 02:07:01 pm »

Sorry.  I meant to say that I took a look at the windows sound settings to verify.  Can't proofread either I guess.:(

Best,

Blu

Blu99Zoomer

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 10:35:11 am »

So,

I also sent along an email to the staion's Chief Engineer.  No response back on that yet.  I tried to play the stream today.  Today's jazz stream would not play.  But I went back to the oldest archived bluegrass stream, two weeks old, and it played.  Tried to play today's jazz stream again, but no joy.  Maybe this is all related to the full moon afterall.   ?

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 10:46:07 am »

Do you have a link that you think should work but doesn't?

Other people could test the link from a browser just to see what happens.

Blu99Zoomer

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 10:58:51 am »

Jim,

Thanks for the reply.  I am unable to copy/paste when I use JRiver.  Let me do it the old fashioned way.  BRB.

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

Blu99Zoomer

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 11:15:33 am »

HI,

The station is WWUH.org.  Hit the program archive button, then choose a selection from the drop down by date and show.  Their programming covers most types of music really.  Bluegrass, jazz, classical, folk, Indian, Opera, , Lithuanian, Italian, Puerto Rican, world, conspiracy theory, New Age, you get the idea.  I wouldn't presume to chose.  You can go backwards in time up to two weeks for previous shows that you would like to listen to.  I am unsure how to get the direct link except as I have described above.  Sorry and thanks.  Rereading this it sounds like an ad.  Ugh!  I am trying to be complete as I can be is all.  I wish I could just give a link. 

Best,

Blu99Zoomer

Blu99Zoomer

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 12:37:17 pm »

Now I can play archived programming up to the 29th of September.  Maybe there is hope yet.  A servor issue?

Best and thanks for any checking you have done!

Blu99Zoomer

Blu99Zoomer

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 11:33:52 am »

FYI,

The station now has posted that their streaming vendor is having a problem with their archived stream but hope to have it fixed shortly. Thanks for your good kharma.

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer
Pages: [1]   Go Up