INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't repeat with Load Full Album into Memory  (Read 1270 times)

DarkSpace

• Junior Woodchuck
Can't repeat with Load Full Album into Memory
« on: October 03, 2017, 11:41:21 am »

I'm using the latest version of JRiver Media Center (23.0.62 x86). I use a WASAPI connection to the audio device, and my Playlist Repeat setting is set to Repeat All. I attached a log of the issue.
I noticed that when I play an audio playlist with the option to load the full playlist into memory enabled, playback will fail (with no additional details given) when the track at which I originally started playback is reached again. This happens at the next occurrence of that track, if the track occurs more than once.
Before the playback failure message box comes up, the entire UI locks up for a while (at least half a second), as if heavy disk access was going on. When Memory Playback is set to load only the current file (undecoded), everything works fine.
The log file that I attached is of the simplest such scenario I could conceive: A single file being the entire playlist.
- In the case of a single-file (or effectively single-file) playlist, the error occurs when the Repeat setting is at Repeat All as well as when it's at Repeat Current File.
- In the case of a multi-file playlist (so, it's not just the same file twice, and that's the entire playlist), Repeat Current File does not throw me the error.

I suspect that my explanation is a bit confusing, so consider this playlist:
A -- B -- C (started playing at this track) -- D -- E -- C (fails playback) -- ...
A (started playing at this track) -- B -- C -- D -- [repeat all] -- A (fails playback) -- B -- ...

If you need more information, please tell me.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Can't repeat with Load Full Album into Memory
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 11:49:20 am »

Good find.  I think we'll have it fixed next build.

From the history:
Fixed: Album memory playback could fail to play tracks when it looped the playlist and started again.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DarkSpace

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 12:18:35 pm »

Thanks, that was a quick fix  ;D

Now to remember to change that setting back next version...

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 01:41:02 pm »

Not sure whether to add to this thread or post separately (moderator please split as you deem fit) however I have found a couple of other issues due to full album in memory playback as follows..

1) UI freeze while loading the tracks into memory
2) Album art seems not to be loaded from the track (M4A Apple Lossless)

I think 2) might be related to the UI freeze of 1) (or possibly vice versa..)

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up