INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick Tag ??  (Read 1187 times)

gkerber

Quick Tag ??
« on: June 27, 2003, 11:59:04 pm »

I give up, what does it do?  I can turn icon on and off, but what does it do?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Quick Tag ??
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2003, 04:16:35 am »

Select a file in media library. If Quick Tagging is on, then the fields above will have a tag icon next to them. You can then just click on the tag to change data. Like if you had a file by Metallica with an unassigned album, and you wanted to assign it to the Load album. You could just select the file and click on the tag next to Load.

sraymond

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2003, 09:30:05 am »

I still think this in an unintuitive way to toggle the "tagging" mode.  When selecting individual files, I think tagging mode should always be "on".  It's a hassle to have to keep toggling the quick tag button.

I'd vote for tagging always on by default with a button to go back to search.  I liked the initial releases that let me click on the <all> to go back to search.  But a "search" button (vice the current "tag" button) would be even better.

Bottom line:  effieiciency for heavy taggers is different for heavy searchers.  The best of both worlds is when you can get both efficiencies with the click of a button.

Scott-

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2003, 10:10:48 am »

Yeah, I agree that it's not exactly playing nice the way it is now. I kind of hoped that when you turned on quick tagging, it just acted the way it did before we could toggle it. And that turning it off was just a failsafe to make sure you didn't accidentally tag stuff you didn't mean to.

nila

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2003, 02:32:18 pm »

I agree :)

Tagging mode the way it was before was great.
The button to toggle is great too though and I dont think it should be on tagging mode as default though.

At a party - someone crashes the computer/MC - restart - its straight into tagging mode = NO THANKS!!

If u want to tag u click that button and hey presto u can do it and it stays that way :)  Just means u have to be planning to tag though - definitely a better setup in my opinion :)

sraymond

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2003, 10:41:53 am »

I agree with the startup default being "search", and after the first press, it sticks to "tag"!

Scott-
Pages: [1]   Go Up