INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HTC Desire with 0 bytes free  (Read 1242 times)

torpadal

• Recent member
HTC Desire with 0 bytes free
« on: October 08, 2017, 05:38:40 am »

I have a Win 8.1 PC with MC v. 19.0.163. I now tried to connect an Smartphone to transfer some music to it. The phone is a HTC Desire X with Android v. 4.1.1.

When I connect it to the PC (with an usb cable) it shows up in MC as an handheld.
Problem is that it says '0 bytes device (0 bytes free)'. So if I try to transfer a song (14.5MB) I get an error message 'Over Capacity'.

The phone has 146MB internal memory available and a SD card (that I would like to store the music on) with 28 GB available .

I tried to just copy / paste the song (mp3 file) from the PC disc to the SD card using windows explorer, and that worked ok.

Any tips on what is wrong and how I can fix it?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: HTC Desire with 0 bytes free
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 05:58:41 am »

Use the SD card in a card reader.  Define that as a handheld device of it's own in MC's drives and devices section.  Then use MC to transfer to that SD card.  Eject it and put it back in your phone when complete.

MC talks directly to discs (and removable drives) very reliably.  With direct connections to devices (like Android phones), it's kind of hit and miss.  The direct drive approach seems to work in just about every case.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up