INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Playlist autoplay  (Read 1340 times)

jdizzy623

• World Citizen
Audio Playlist autoplay
« on: October 08, 2017, 04:05:17 pm »

In Theater View, is it possible to choose a playlist and have it start playing? (taking you to the Now Playing screen)
(rather than taking you to another screen showing selected songs necessitating another click to start playing).

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio Playlist autoplay
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 04:26:09 pm »

There might be some other answer but...

It seems to be a little bit complicated.  If playback is totally stopped, you can play a playlist by pressing the keyboard shortcut for play/pause, which is control-p .  But if something is playing or paused, then that won't work.  It will just play/pause whatever is already playing.

Pressing Stop first seems to work.  Stop, then Play on the playlist you want.  If you are using a Media Center Remote (or similar) that might be convenient.

Brian.

jdizzy623

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 04:57:50 pm »

Yes, I am using a remote and will see if selecting Play (rather than Select) will start music from Main Menu.

Gave it a try and pressing Play on remote takes you to songs selected rather than actually playing songs.
Maybe someone knows a secret to doing so?!

Thanks

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 05:24:11 pm »

I just made a custom keyboard key to send MC's "play" command (core command 10001).  Using my custom keyboard key, this indeed makes playlists play instead of taking me into the contents of the playlist.

I use MC for Mac, so I don't have the remote control portion of MC to play with.  I *think* there's a way of mapping specific MC commands (core commands) to remote control keys.  Just not sure on the details.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up