INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artist View  (Read 1144 times)

jdizzy623

• World Citizen
Artist View
« on: October 08, 2017, 04:10:32 pm »

In Theater View >Artist view, when choosing Artist it takes you to the next screen showing albums and also all songs on the albums. If the artist has 15 albums, you may have to scroll down 100+ songs to get to what you are looking for.

Is there a way that when you click on artist, it takes you to the next screen with only albums showing (no songs), and then after selecting an album, it opens to songs on that album?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Artist View
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 04:17:34 pm »

Interesting. My Artist view in Theater View has 3 levels:  Choose artist, choose album by artist, choose song.  That seems to be what you want to happen.  I honestly can't remember if it was set up like this when I got MC or if I modified it.

Luckily, modifying it is really pretty easy:

Tools > Options > Theater View > Items to show > Audio > Artist > Details

In the details box on the right, you'll see your list of categories to show.  Mine has two:  [Album Artist (auto)] and [Album] .  I typed those brackets because that's how we normally talk about fields here in the forum.  You won't see those brackets when you choose the fields you want.

After you set up the details, save by pressing OK until you are out.  You might have to restart MC for it to take effect.  Not sure on that one.

Good luck.

Brian.

jdizzy623

• World Citizen
Re: Artist View
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 04:56:18 pm »

Ok, Took a bit of thinking but got results by following your direction!
I was missing the nested Details under Artist.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up