INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guide data seems to be wrong and loading guide not working  (Read 4533 times)

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
Guide data seems to be wrong and loading guide not working
« on: October 09, 2017, 12:08:19 pm »

My guide information is wrong, so I tried loading the guide to update it. Here's the steps I took:

picked '...Load Program Guide'
it shows the list of EPG loading modules I've saved. Mine is MC2XML for OpenCable and ATSC, US postal code 53726
after picking OK - the little mc2xml v1.4 window shows Service=microsoft; Options=-U: UTF8; Postal/Zip=53726; Country code=US. Then I pick OK. From the list of mc2xml lineups, I select '3. Charter Communications Madison Digital' and pick OK.
After a little while, the larger 'Loading guide data' window appears with a list of all my channels.  Normally, they are automatically matched to their corresponding identifiers. Now none of them are matched and when I pick the 'click here to configure', the list of channels are in some weird random order and the actual channels to which they should be assigned are missing.

I have been trying to transition my family away from WMC to MC, but the video quality in MC is pretty bad compared to WMC (was planning to post a separate thread to try to resolve this issue). With MC we get a lot of macroblocking and studdering which doesn't happen with WMC. However, last night I noticed that all my WMC channels were screwed up. It looks like the EPG update was using the wrong location. I tried to reset the guide data and it still didn't fix it. So it looks like we may be forced to switch to MC.

Then I noticed that the guide for MC was missing a lot of information so I tried updating it. Before last night, everything was fine. I don't know what happened, but am wondering if the Rovi data that Microsoft relies on is all screwed up.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Guide data seems to be wrong and loading guide not working
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 12:25:51 pm »

For the video quality issue, have you tried both Red October Standard and HQ?

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 12:32:57 pm »

For the video quality issue, have you tried both Red October Standard and HQ?

Yes, I have, but like I said, I'll create a new thread to focus on video quality once I get the guide data straightened out. Thanks for asking, though.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 03:16:45 pm »

Has your cable provider made radical shuffling of channels?  If they have, you may need to delete your channels and re-create them.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 04:44:38 pm »

Has your cable provider made radical shuffling of channels?  If they have, you may need to delete your channels and re-create them.

Not really radical, but there were changes. I dealt with that about a week ago and I did start from scratch. Everything was fine yesterday afternoon and my cable provider hasn't made any changes since then. I am pretty certain it is a problem with the ROVI/Microsoft data. I am in the process of switching WMC to epg123 and have paid for a subscription to Schedules Direct. Too bad you guys can't work something out with them. When I download the data using epg123 the channel assignments match up like they should.

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 06:18:04 pm »

I just checked to see if the guide data is loading correctly. The program information was updated because the guide information looks correct and up to date. So it looks like the Rovi/Microsoft guide data upload might be working again. Just out of curiosity I tried loading the program guide and after selecting my lineup and picking OK, the loading guide data window comes up with the list of my channels. Usually these channels are automatically matched with their corresponding identifiers. Now none of them are matched, just like I described at the beginning of this thread. When I pick the text "click here to configure" next to any channel, the list is displayed in alphabetical order but the channel numbers don't match my cable channel subscription.

For example, I have assigned my channel 1 to FXM. This channel is actually on Charter/Spectrum channel 719. FXM does not appear on the list. I have channel 2 assigned to BBC America. This is on Charter/Spectrum channel 727. The only choices on this list are BBC on 100 or BBCWORLD on 140. This is the case for almost all of my Charter/Spectrum channels.

This problem only seems to apply to my cable channels, which are OpenCable. The guide matches up just fine with my ATSC over the air channels.

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 05:13:00 pm »

I'm happy to report that after another attempt to load my program guide, it worked!!! The channel listings were correct and matched with their corresponding identifiers.

That probably means my Rovi data problems with WMC are also fixed. Oh well, too late. I've changed WMC to use the guide from epg123.

Anyhow, now I can try to tackle the video quality problems I'm having with JRMCv23.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 05:54:06 pm »

... now I can try to tackle the video quality problems I'm having with JRMCv23.
Could you post some details in a new thread?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 08:15:45 pm »

Do you use "Crop Edges" option in TV Options?  If so, uncheck it.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 08:18:36 pm »

Do you use "Crop Edges" option in TV Options?  If so, uncheck it.
Yeah, it was already unchecked. I think I read about this tip/recommendation a while back.

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
Pages: [1]   Go Up