INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can the 64bit and 32bit both be installed at the same time  (Read 1381 times)

Racedog

• Junior Woodchuck
Can the 64bit and 32bit both be installed at the same time
« on: October 09, 2017, 07:22:28 pm »

Can the 64bit and 32bit both be installed at the same time?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Can the 64bit and 32bit both be installed at the same time
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 09:00:13 pm »

sure why not....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 10:09:49 pm »

Yes, but be aware that prior to MC23.0.69 there is only one copy of mc23.exe Launcher program, and that is in the "C:\Windows\System32" directory, which is in the system path, so gets found when required. The copy in that directory will belong to whichever version, 32bit or 64bit, was installed last. This can cause issues if you use mc23.exe for Remote Control, MCWS, or other commands, for instance.

From MC23.0.69 on a copy of mc23.exe Launcher is additionally included in the Media Center program folder, in addition to the system folder. This should mean that the correct mc23.exe is always found when you are running either the 32bit or the 64bit. But I haven't tested that at all.

Just something to be aware of if strange things happen.

Yes, a 64bit MC Client can connect to a 32bit MC Server, and I believe that the reverse is true also.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 02:07:26 am »

We don't generally recommend to keep both installed (or even in use) for a prolonged time. For evaluating sure, but ultimately I would recommend to settle on one.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up