INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IdPX -- Speaker Kit  (Read 5149 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
IdPX -- Speaker Kit
« on: October 12, 2017, 10:15:39 am »

I'm thinking we might offer a kit or a design for a remote speaker that MC can play to.  Here's the plan.

Outside
A small speaker enclosure, probably made of wood, suitable for a kitchen counter.

Inside
An IdPi
A low power amp (and possibly a DAC)
A speaker

The goal is to have a good quality powered speaker that MC can see as a DLNA Renderer and play to it.

Can anyone recommend components?

Thanks.

robt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: IdPX -- Speaker Kit
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 12:40:15 pm »

I like the idea of this, so long as its stereo.

Too many mono speakers already out there. Think how good the Logitech Squeezebox Boom was...

Mono takes us back 40 years and even good quality speakers sound flat and two dimensional.

Blu99Zoomer

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 01:12:21 pm »

JimH,

Are you looking to pair the IdPi with a UE Boom(pairable for stereo fans), Riva Turbo, Peachtree Deep Blue, or something like the Amazon Echo?  Or are you looking to pair the IdPi with kit like a sourced Pi compatible dac, amp module(s), seperate power supply, sourced case, etc.?

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

tyler69

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 01:56:31 pm »

Just saw this, maybe it gives some inspiration: http://www.techradar.com/news/best-stereo-speakers

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 12:39:54 am »

Perhaps Hilton may be a good one to ask...

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 12:46:48 am »

JRiver CEO Elect

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 12:57:14 pm »

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 05:51:30 pm »

I came across this today - https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/network-audio-players/rasptouch-amp-streamer-amplifier-es9023-tpa3118-2x30w-p-12102.html

this would be a nice way to present an idpi. I also notice there are a bunch of cheap plastic cases that can also house a screen available, e.g. https://www.modmypi.com/raspberry-pi/screens-and-displays/screen-cases/raspberry-pi-7-touchscreen-display-case-black

I guess you'd need to use panel atm as the interface

NB: I realise the title is speaker kit but it seems relevant, if I were buying something like this then I wouldn't want to have to rely on some other way to control the thing. If you were doing this as part of a speaker then it would be easy enough to mount the screen on the baffle, even better if you can add an audio input HAT as well *and* give jriver linux audio line in support. This would be a very nice little package I think.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 08:48:12 pm »

I came across this today - https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/network-audio-players/rasptouch-amp-streamer-amplifier-es9023-tpa3118-2x30w-p-12102.html

this would be a nice way to present an idpi. I also notice there are a bunch of cheap plastic cases that can also house a screen available, e.g. https://www.modmypi.com/raspberry-pi/screens-and-displays/screen-cases/raspberry-pi-7-touchscreen-display-case-black

I guess you'd need to use panel atm as the interface

NB: I realise the title is speaker kit but it seems relevant, if I were buying something like this then I wouldn't want to have to rely on some other way to control the thing. If you were doing this as part of a speaker then it would be easy enough to mount the screen on the baffle, even better if you can add an audio input HAT as well *and* give jriver linux audio line in support. This would be a very nice little package I think.

Besides the god-awful volume slider on the top, that's not bad.

GaryB

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 08:09:12 am »

I'm thinking we might offer a kit or a design for a remote speaker that MC can play to.  Here's the plan.

Outside
A small speaker enclosure, probably made of wood, suitable for a kitchen counter.

Inside
An IdPi
A low power amp (and possibly a DAC)
A speaker

The goal is to have a good quality powered speaker that MC can see as a DLNA Renderer and play to it.

Can anyone recommend components?

Thanks.

Outdoor version?
Pages: [1]   Go Up