INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 23.0.72 -- Available Here  (Read 7245 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 23.0.72 -- Available Here
« on: October 13, 2017, 01:01:29 pm »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 23.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download standard build
32-bit: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v23/latest/MediaCenter230072.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64 bit build
This is an early build of JRiver Media Center 23 for Windows 64-bit.  Please back up your library before installing.
64-bit: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v23/latest/MediaCenter230072-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

23.0.72 (10/12/2017)

1. Changed: Updated Russian translation (thanks Vladimir).
2. Changed: The country names in television setup are now translatable.
3. Changed: The country name "United States of America" is simplied to "United States" in television setup, to be consistent with the other areas of MC.
4. Changed: Made the stars in Theater View's Playing Now clickable (before they only responded to keyboard input).
5. NEW: Drag-N-Drop to re-order channels on "Manage TV Channels" tool.
6. NEW: Added the right-click command "Auto-Fill" to Car Radio to fill the buttons using your most common artists, genres, most played tracks, etc.
7. NEW: Added "Reset All Buttons" to the right-click of the Car Radio buttons.
8. NEW: Panel - Added a folder item count to the upper right corner of the folder button.
9. Changed: Panel - Changed the page jump buttons to use a link style format.
10. Changed: Panel - Adjusted the format of the play all button on folder buttons.
11. Changed: Panel - Moved folder titles back below the folder button.
12. Changed: Panel - Adjusted the layout of the playback bar.

23.0.71 (10/10/2017)

1. Changed: The tool "Fill Track Numbers From List Order" will default to setting the Episode # if it's run on a set of videos.
2. Fixed: The album memory reader cache would clear when double-clicking a different file in Playing Now, but not reload the files.

23.0.70 (10/6/2017)

1. Changed: When loading tracks for album memory playback, a wait message will display if it takes more than one second.
2. Changed: Album memory playback detects when the same file is in the playlist multiple times and no longer loads the file more than once.
3. Fixed: DLNA: Don't call GetMediaInfo if the controller options are set to Disable SetNext support.
4. Changed: Reduced default time for device calls from 10 seconds to 2 seconds, since the calls are sometimes on the main thread.
5. Fixed: DLNA: Fix status calls for GetPosition which were not entirely correct in 23.0.67.
6. Changed: Play Doctor caps the number of files it will output based on the size of the entire library.
7. Fixed: On Manage TV Channels window the channel logo preview window showed a blank instead of the default image if the channel's set image file was no longer available.
8. Fixed: Album memory playback no longer attempts to load URLs.
9. NEW: Panel - Added the playlist count and current track to the playback bar.
10. Changed: Panel - Removed the fanned icon for groups of multiple files.
11. Fixed: Panel - Buttons for custom views didn't have the appropriate format.
12. Fixed: DLNA: Options that aren't active depending on the current settings are grayed out.
13. NEW: DLNA: You can now select the audio formats that are converted when "specified output format only when necessary" is selected. (under Add or configure DLNA servers .. [Server name]->Audio->Advanced)

23.0.69 (10/5/2017)

1. Changed: TV recording delete confirmation dialog self-destructs in 10 seconds to prevent it from blocking the program in case it pops up unattended.
2. Fixed: Message boxes in Theater View that have self-destruction timer set might return wrong result upon self-destruction.
3. Fixed: Improved handling of redirects when downloading cover art or season banners from TheTVDB.
4. Fixed: Connecting a new client to a Library Server will no longer re-create all stock smartlists.
5. Changed: Increased the mouse-wheel precision of the Tempo/Pitch/Rate sliders in the Tempo & Pitch DSP.
6. Changed: Italian translation updated (thanks Matteo).
7. Changed: Made Play Doctor give a file no chance of inclusion if it's been included in the last 10 tracks.
8. Changed: The "MC23.exe" Launcher is additionally included in the Media Center program folder, in addition to the system folder.

23.0.68 (10/4/2017)

1. NEW: Panel - Added a back button to the App header.
2. NEW: Panel - The mini player will also display the album title of the audio or image file playing.
3. Changed: Panel - Removed the browser header.
4. Changed: Panel - Removed the buffering slider animation.
5. Changed: Panel - Adjusted the format of the page jump buttons.
6. Changed: Panel - Made most of the folder buttons similar to the home page buttons.
7. Changed: Panel - Moved the play all button on folders to the lower right corner.
8. Fixed: Panel - Album columns were still taking up space on mobile devices.

23.0.67 (10/4/2017)

1. NEW: Added new tag fields "Work", "Movement", "Movement Number", "Movement Count", and "Show Work Movement".  These tags will be read from and written to corresponding Apple iTunes tags in mp4 files.
2. NEW: Added an option "Use a default image for channels without logos" for Theater View TV Guide.  This option is effective only if "Hide channel names in Theater View guide when channel logos are available" option is not used.
3. Changed: DLNA: Move the detection for the ability to do SetNext into the track playback start. Saves on device calls.
4. Fixed: DLNA: Add a GetTransportState for Playback state = PLAYING before GetPosition because on some slow devices GetPosition was returning values from the previous track which caused a track skip on those devices that support SetNext.
5. Changed: DLNA: Because of #4 above, change the track status update for SetNext support to 5 seconds.
6. NEW: MC will automatically search the Cover Art\TV Logos\ folder for channel logos if a channel does not already have a logo file saved in the Image File tag.
7. NEW: Added a "Divider" to the Parametric Equalizer to separate groups of filters.  The text for the divider is customizable.
8. NEW: Added support for changing the label column width in the tag editing action window.  Cursor changes to a 'sizing' icon when over the divider between label and value.
9. Fixed: Album memory playback could fail to play tracks when it looped the playlist and started again.
10. NEW: The 'Get Movie & TV Info' dialog has a new option to select or de-select getting keyword data along with the other metadata.  It's a checkbox called "Use keywords".
11. Changed: In the Standard Television View the horizontal split between the Filter window and the Channels window can now be adjusted.
12. Fixed: Theater View could crash in recent builds if "Expression to Display" was used in a view.
13. Changed: DLNA: when ignoring position failure, add a settling delay for the play command after sending the URI to the renderer. Helps with some slow renderers.
14. Changed: DLNA: changes to make the slider work when getposition is slow or fails.
15. Fixed: DLNA: get the fileinfo to update onscreen instantly when transitioning tracks.
16. Fixed: DLNA: change to the DLNA image slideshow push to renderer to work with MC as a renderer.
17. Changed: DLNA renderer. Ignore Stop commands while playing back images. Enables a smooth slideshow. WIP.

23.0.66 (9/29/2017)

1. Fixed: Pressing Ctrl+F to search when you were in a nested sub-view didn't properly jump to the top of the view.  Instead it could jump to an audio view.
2. Fixed: When a recorded TV show was deleted right after it was played (a new feature in build 65), the show was not removed from the list in Theater view.
3. NEW: Added the Send To menu to the customize toolbar dialog.
4. Changed: Replaced checkbox symbol "[ x ]" with a check mark '✓' in Theater View TV recording configuration dialogs.
5. Changed: Replaced checkbox symbol "[ x ]" with "[√]" TV Channels list in "Manage TV Channels."
6. NEW: Added the keyboard shortcuts U and D to move filters in Parametric Equalizer up and down.
7. NEW: Added the keyboard shortcut R to remove a filter from Parametric Equalizer.
8. Changed: The right-click commands Stacks > Advanced > Create Particle and Auto Create... didn't get added to the MRU menu.
9. Changed: Made the column alignment setting also apply to the view header, so making text right justified for example will also right justify the header.
10. NEW: Panel - Added page jump links below the next and previous page buttons.
11. Changed: Panel - The next and previous track buttons will show in the playing now bar on mobile devices held in the landscape orientation.
12. NEW: Added the option "Shuffle the list" when saving a Car Radio button to shuffle all the files that are saved as a playlist.

23.0.65 (9/27/2017)

1. Changed: Added the .dtshd extension for DTS audio files.
2. Changed: Red October HQ updated to madVR 0.92.4.
3. NEW: Added the MCWS function Playback/StopAll to stop all playback regardless of zone (includes remote and DLNA zones).
4. Fixed: Linking a Car Radio button to a playlist or smartlist would create 1000 buttons.
5. Fixed: Saving a Car Radio button to a playlist wouldn't delete the old playlist so duplicates could get created and the results would be undefined.
6. Changed: Made the CreateInterface function in the automation SDK return an intn instead of a long (so it works on x64).
7. NEW: Television has an option (in TV Options > Advanced section) to offer to delete a recorded TV show that is just watched.  You have to opt-in for this to take effect and the show must have been watched at least 85% for the feature to kick in.
8. Changed: Removed "Use extra layer of buffer when recording in TS format" from TV Options as this option no longer have any effect.
9. Changed: Clicking a playing image will stop the slideshow from running.
10. Fixed: Mouse wheel on the 2D image viewer wouldn't redraw the image at the new zoom level.
11. Fixed: JRiver Time-shifting Writer filter might cause a crash when other filters fail to start.
12. NEW: Panel - Added an option to Settings to allow the user to set the number of items to display per page.
13. Changed: Panel - Panel will now display the album title in the file list on non-mobile devices.
14. Changed: Panel - Next and previous page buttons were added to the top of lists as well.
15. Changed: Panel - Changed the audio cover art display to use up less space.

23.0.64 (9/22/2017)

1. Changed: Tuned the paste logic so that when it adds delimiters to strings pasted in, it removes the final trailing delimiter if it's just empty after it.
2. Changed: JRMark scores say if they're coming from an x64 build of Media Center.
3. Changed: Panel - When selecting a file or group of files to begin playing in the browser, Panel will now jump to the playing page.
4. Changed: Panel - Avoids doing conversion with files that don't need to be converted for HTML5.
5. Fixed: Panel - The player was not working in the Safari browser.
6. Fixed: Panel - The player would stop working in some browsers shortly after playing began.

23.0.63 (9/22/2017)

1. Fixed: The DLNA controller option "Ignore GetPosition Failure" wasn't being read properly. The default of not enabled should NOW help with some DLNA renderer issues, skipping tracks, etc.
2. Fixed: Dolby Digital encoding in the Output Format DSP did not work in the 64-bit build.
3. Changed: Tuned the grouping logic of pane expressions a little more.  It wasn't always detecting the field properly.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

tyler69

Re: JRiver Media Center 23.0.72 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 01:59:35 pm »

In Panel, hitting the back arrow on the top left leads me to a web-page I browsed before. Is that intended?

BradATIMA

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 02:34:13 pm »

In Panel, hitting the back arrow on the top left leads me to a web-page I browsed before. Is that intended?

The back button in Panel is going to do the same thing the browser back button will do.

tyler69

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 03:07:24 pm »

Thanks. So it's intended. I wonder if it would make sense to restrict this functionality to the "Panel domain". So that you can only move back in Panel. Might be better from a UX point of view. In general, for moving back and forward in my browser, I use the browser buttons or the trackpad functionality so when using this arrow in Panel I expect it to stay in Panel.

tyler69

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 03:37:15 pm »

Minor GUI blopper: resizing the browser window (horizontally) leads to a jump of the "jump forward" icon below the "jump backward" icon. Dragging the window more leads to jumping back of the icon to its correct state. This is on Safari / macOS.

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 02:07:43 pm »

While troubleshooting a different problem, I attempted to switch the web browser engine back to Internet Explorer from Chromium causing MC to hang.  After force quit and restart, MC is still set to use Chromium.  This is Windows 10 x64 with Creator's update, and IE is pretty much deprecated at this stage, but IE still launches on it's own without problem. Not sure if this problem is universal, specific to this version of Windows, or just my installation, but figured I'd report.

jimm2

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 02:39:04 pm »

While troubleshooting a different problem, I attempted to switch the web browser engine back to Internet Explorer from Chromium causing MC to hang.  After force quit and restart, MC is still set to use Chromium.  This is Windows 10 x64 with Creator's update, and IE is pretty much deprecated at this stage, but IE still launches on it's own without problem. Not sure if this problem is universal, specific to this version of Windows, or just my installation, but figured I'd report.

I don't believe the 64 bit version uses Chromium at all. At least it didn't a few revs back when I tried it.

If you look in the JRiver plugin directory for Chromium64, the directory is empty. What I found is the 64 bit version of JRiver always uses IE regardless of whether Chromium or IE is selected.

If Chromium has recently been added to the 64 bit version, I didn't see it in any of the recent release notes but maybe I missed it.

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 03:57:30 pm »

I am running x64 and I don't see a plugin for Chromium, but then again I don't see any mention for IE so not sure whether I should be seeing one.  If x64 doesn't support Chromium, it would be nice for the settings to automatically revert back to the default IE.

jimm2

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 05:10:04 pm »

The Chromium plugin directory is in your user directory \AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 23\Plugins\Chromium64. Check there to see if the directory is empty.

I mentioned this issue in the 64 bit thread but didn't get a response. Would be nice if they addressed it since some websites don't work properly with IE so I went back to 32 bit.

If you still have 32 bit installed, you should see the 32 bit Chromium plugin in the Chromium directory I believe. Last I checked, I recall the 32 bit version is still using Chromium v56 which is a few years old. Current version is 61 I think.

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 07:58:53 am »

I can confirm the chromium64 folder is empty.  I no longer have x32 installed, but the chromium plugin folder does contain those files.  I don't know if they are a remnant from x32, though. 

Also, even though I have Chromium (permanently) selected as the web engine, I still have working web functionality. Either MC is falling back to IE (in which case, the settings should also auto-fall back in the absence of the necessary components) or my MC x64 is using the x32 plugin of Chromium.

smart

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 11:46:26 am »

Will you add the .tak format?
http://thbeck.de/Tak/Tak.html

jimm2

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 12:41:03 pm »

I can confirm the chromium64 folder is empty.  I no longer have x32 installed, but the chromium plugin folder does contain those files.  I don't know if they are a remnant from x32, though. 

Also, even though I have Chromium (permanently) selected as the web engine, I still have working web functionality. Either MC is falling back to IE (in which case, the settings should also auto-fall back in the absence of the necessary components) or my MC x64 is using the x32 plugin of Chromium.

64 bit version is only using IE regardless of which setting you choose. From my experience, the only indication you will get that it's using IE is because some websites won't work correctly. 

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2017, 12:51:27 pm »

Chromium is not supported in 64-bit yet. Because this is a temporary situation for an in-development built, it'll not receive special handling beyond the fallback to IE it already has. It'll be supported eventually.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up