INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Problem  (Read 882 times)

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
DLNA Problem
« on: October 13, 2017, 09:42:33 pm »

I've just encountered a DLNA problem; not sure if it's a bug in the recent builds of MC23 or not.

I sometimes stream (via wired connection) to a Mede8er box via the "Generic DLNA" profile, which usually shows up on the Mede8er as

"Tim--HP2 (Generic DLNA)".

Now it's giving me

"Tim--HP2 (Generic DLNA): 1"

What is that ": 1?" Now I can't pull from MC to the Mede8er, nor can I push from MC to it. There's no other profile in Media Network. I've tried power cycling all the components in the system, including the router, all for naught. Everything else on the network seems to work (Chromecast, this laptop, the MC server to Gizmo and JRemote, and so forth). I haven't updated the Mede8er either. Basically, nothing has changed except some Windows updates on Tuesday and a couple of different versions of MC (70 and 72, I believe). Any thoughts?

I'm currently on the 64 bit version, 23.0.72.

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Re: DLNA Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 04:39:20 pm »

Did some more testing on this, and found the following:

--hooked up my old WD TV Live with the exact same network cable as I use with the Mede8er and still got the weird extra : 1 with "Generic DLNA." I did this to make sure it wasn't the Mede8er itself.

--installed the last version of MC22, restored my library, and everything worked perfectly: no : 1, only "Generic DLNA" as it's been.

So it's probably not my computer, my router, nor my cabling. Since the only thing that's altered since last week is the version of the 64 bit MC23 (and some cumulative Windows 10 updates, though I doubt these are the issue), and since there were some DLNA-specific alterations, I'm guessing there's something funky with DLNA in the most recent version or two of MC23 64 (72 and maybe 70, too), at least on my system.
Pages: [1]   Go Up