INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.207 beta  (Read 4986 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.207 beta
« on: June 26, 2003, 02:18:27 pm »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:      

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):      

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91207.exe

(backup your library before installing)    

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.      

History    

1. Changed: Album tooltips show "<too many files to lists>" after 30 tracks instead of 20.
2. Fixed: Hard disk location based view schemes weren't working in pane browsing mode.
3. New: Added "Remove Duplicates" command to playlist right-click. (tree and list right click)
4. NEW: Added "Send To->Play->Remove" command to remove selected tracks from Playing Now.
5. Changed: Album thumbnails sorted by "Album Artist (auto)/Album" instead of "Artist (or first song)/Album".
6. Changed: "Missing" file icons no longer used in Handheld views.
7. NEW: Drag-n-drop reordering draws a divider to indicate where the dropped files will go.
8. NEW: Drag-n-drop to panes will hilight the drop item using the skin's "hot item" color.
9. Fixed: MC did not minimize / restore properly from clicks on the task bar icon.
10. NEW: Added new control to simplify access to keywords.
11. Changed: Vertical offset of Topbar will modify vertical offsets of all items in playerbar.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • That's all I have to say about that...
Re: Media Center 9.1.207 beta
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 02:21:56 pm »

Installer (first message) still says 9.0 setup... :)
This Space Intentionally Left Blank

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • That's all I have to say about that...
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 02:35:49 pm »

Hey... 4.0 sound is working now! (My motherboard setup is being stubborn again, so I needed to revisit the 4-channel audio thing again.)

THANK YOU, this is so much better.

Come to think, maybe you should check the 2 channel stereo out, and make sure it's not messing with the surround encoding?
This Space Intentionally Left Blank

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2003, 02:56:06 pm »

NEW First reported 26/06/03
Priority: HIGH
Panes to the right no longer reset.  I understand this wasn't popular with everyone but for some view schemes it is essential.  Please could it be made an option on a per view scheme level

Now have to click excatly on the text in panes view rather than in the area in general.  This is not good especially if the text is just a number.  In previous builds the whole of the area surrounding the text was clickable.  If you try to click the area too many times MC crashes with a Media Core error

Priority: Medium
Options screen always gives an error on confirm saying You left the track naming template blank.  Using default template.  This is even when nothing has been changed...

Changing a list style resets pains

Direct X Host plugins can't be switched on again.  This was fixed a few builds ago.

First reported: 23/06/03  
Ststus: Open  
Priority: Medium to High
Visualizations appear to pause for 1/2 a second every 5 seconds.  Happens on all visuals inc. 3d.  This has nothing to do with other apps as was suggested in previous thread as I have only MC, Iexplorer and explorer running...

First Reported: 16/06/03      
5-10 second lag when playing first track.  This only happens with the first track after MC has started. Still there for music files.  Not for image playback - I think this is MCs auto volume optimisation as when I turned this off the wait was a lot less.  Seems to wanna fire up my CD ROM when this is set to on and tkaes ages...

First Reported: 18/06/03      
There is no longer a button in props to apply changes.  You can click to a new item but this isn't as elegant as it was with a button    

First reported: 23/06/03  
Ststus: Fixed  
List styles can no longer be changed in either tree view or panes view.  Stuck on automatic.

First Reported: 16/06/03      
Clicking on taskbar icon does not minimize/restore. This is standard windows behaviour

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

221bBS

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2003, 03:10:16 pm »

• While using list-type field, I can't seem to use the grouping level feature in the column properties. Well I can use it but it does nothing.[6/24/2003]
  • MC will only show itself if it is maximized. Trying to resize the window make MC dissappear. I have to right-click the taskbar and maximize to have MC show again. [6/26/2003]

Could Artist possibly be made a list type field?  Or at least have the option that it could be changed to one if someone wanted??

Adam

This would be nice to have also

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2003, 03:50:20 pm »

In the tools > options dialog, the scrollable icon list to the left has a scrollbar that doesn't scroll smoothly. When you click the bar and drag downwards, there is a jump and flicker as it appears to display the OS default bar for a few moments, then redraws with the skinned bar.

AdamP

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2003, 04:29:13 pm »

Priority: LOW
When in hairstyle mode on a second display if help is chosen on the primary display you can't scroll the help screen properly.  It seems to get & lose focus repeatedly.

AdamP

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2003, 05:42:34 pm »

Actually just found out that when in hairstyle mode one 2nd display and minimized it keeps grabbing the focus, even when in other apps.

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2003, 06:22:13 pm »

• Can we have a way to remove <click to add view>?  It is a waste of screen resources in the left pane for me.
  • BUG - View Schemes with Playlists - Can we get functionality to view "underlying" SMARTLISTS in the new vew panes ... Currently only playlist groups show
  • Can I get the ability to move the Properties pane to the right side of the screen?
  • BUG - Your new search wizard icon (little down arrow) is overlapping the text in the search windows
  • The Horizontal scrollbar never appears in the library window
  •  The down arrow on the vertical scrollbar is missing
  •  On import, all audio files with empty date/years get filled with 1899.

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2003, 06:22:56 pm »

Bug:[/U]
-New Media liberary system panes keeps reseting if selected any genre/artist/albun/..etc..
-Selecting file-liberary-search for media servers crashes MC

Suggestion:[/U]
Why not adding the upper new media liberary system panes in every treeview selection, so the selection when selected in the treeview get us the new media lib sys in the upper section in the right and the files in the bottom?
well i suggest this as a new media lib panes reset solution!:)

Tamer

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2003, 07:01:02 pm »

Ok, I've got some major bugs:

1.  If I left double click on a playlist, or a song in a playlist,  (did this accidentally), it cycles through it by opening each file one after the other, without playing anything; sometimes I get an error message, and I have to reboot before MC9 will work again,  other times I can end task and get back in without the error message, but if I double click on something again, same thing--very bizarre...

2.  If I change tags, they're not saved  (love the concept of the quick tag BTW).

3.  Media server isn't working  (although my server opens just fine, I just can't connect to it).  If I try to connect, I get an error message  (Media Jukebox.EXE has caused an error etc).  Media Center tries to connect to the  Media server everytime I open MC9--kind of a pain, since I have to wait for it to go through the motions before it doesn't find anything and I can use my library, and once it's gone through the motions, if I try to connect, I get that error message.

Media Center Registered 9.1.207 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows Me
Intel Pentium III 929 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 180 MB
Resource Info: System - 26 %, GDI - 78 %, User - 26 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: YAMAHA   CRW2200E           Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:20  MaxSpeed:20  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2003, 08:15:40 pm »

I listened to a sound clip from Amazon, and it is now in my library.  When I select it and press the Delete key, then choose "Delete from library and permanently delete from disk", it tries to delete the song but app closes.  When I open the app again, the song is still there...

ck
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

dragyn

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2003, 09:44:12 pm »

This is probably because of the new font change I've been griping about ever since they came in. Probably just an oversight. Thanks Matt!

NEW
Now have to click excatly on the text in panes view rather than in the area in general.  This is not good especially if the text is just a number.  In previous builds the whole of the area surrounding the text was clickable.  If you try to click the area too many times MC crashes with a Media Core error

DSP peak level is low when starting some songs. Not sure what's causing it but I always have to open DSP, force a change (either EQ/Effects), turn it off and everything is fine (for that song).

The peak level is sustained at about 30-50% if I don't do this. All files have been analysed (as far as I know). Replay Gain is OFF so I would assume it goes by peak level and adjusts accordingly.

<unable to post system info at this time>

V-Man

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2003, 12:58:24 am »

BUG: Applies to 9.1.205 (XP), haven't tried later versions. MC crashes after a few seconds if you try to frantically resize the window (MEGA-ME). I clicked on the top-right corner of the window and wildly moved my mouse randomly around the screen to cause it to keep resizing. Within 3-4 seconds, BANG! Up pops a "Media Core Error" message. Click OK and MC vanishes. I'm guessing it's some AV relating to the skinning engine. Div-by-zero? Just guessing.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2003, 02:17:37 am »

- Adding a second view scheme with a name that already exists (e.g. Genre), takes over the first created view scheme.

- The properties pane used to follow the playing now song the last few builds, it doesn't do that anymore
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2003, 03:01:31 am »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    When you change the list style, pane filtering is reset.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: Medium
    When MC starts up with the start location set to a view scheme, the view scheme's tree is automatically expanded. This ignores the 'Auto Expand Tree' option.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/26  Priority: High
    Browse by Locations doesn&#8217;t work correctly. If I browse to a folder containing sub-folders I am only able to see tracks if I select <all>. If I select a sub-folder no tracks are displayed and I am unable to browse into the sub-folder.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/25  Priority: Low
    Surfin' Juke appears on the task bar icon for the Confirm Action, Downloading plugin and Information dialogs.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/19  Priority: High
    The Month and Date are not read from images where the EXIF date is set to 2002:01:01 00:00:00. The Date(month) and Date(day) are both listed as unassigned. This date was set on a number of photos from a colleague's camera where he had changed the battery and forgot to set the clock. Update: MC9.1 incorrectly displays the EXIF date in the Format window as 2002 when other software correctly reports it as 2002:01:01 00:00:00.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/19  Priority: High
    When you first view the Extended file info only Album Artist, Composer, Image File, Keywords, Lyrics and Notes are displayed. You can only get the other Extended fields to appear by changing the bottom left pane to a different view then back to File Info.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: High
    When you add a new value to a tag using the File Info pane, the top pane does not update to show that value. For example, I added Phil in the People field and this did not automatically appear in the People column. I had to switch to a different view scheme and go back to the original view scheme for the update to be displayed.

retrospek

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Hello !
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2003, 03:11:05 am »

I have a problem where if I play a video file (MPG) it works fine - but then when I forward to another video file the whole of MC crashes.

The first one always works - but playing a second file crashes MC...

Weird..

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2003, 05:51:12 am »

I'm using JRiver's Software since Jukebox 8 and now I want to give some hints:
Bugs:
- When clicking pause, and using seeking bar during pause, Media Center will start playing again, but still shows "Pause" in Display. Klicking on Pause (Button has Play Icon) again brings regular pause mode back, but with the bug. [at least since MC]
- In Picture SmartPlaylists the vertical scrollbar is invisible (it's under the bar, where you can choose, which Files are shown) [MC 9.1.207 bug]
- Bpm Counter always gives wrong results. I've got a few  CDs for Dancing with the correct bpms on the cover, but they are VERY different to the one, MC gives. [since it is integrated]
- When playing songs none repeat and the last song in Playing Now ends, MC plays the first few seconds of the last song in Playing Now again, before it stops [at Least since MC]
- Sometimes (two times on a private party!) when MJ/MC plays for a very long time non stop, it suddenly marks all songs in Playing Now as deleted and only a MJ/MC restart solves this. I'm not absolutely sure, if this is still in the actual Version [since my first MJ Version]
BIG Wish:
- Can't you change the way of fading out used by clicking stop when fadeout on stop is activated? When I'm using MCs multizone playback, I'm not allowed to use the stop button, because then all zones are faded out. Perhaps it is possible to change volume control similar to Winamp V2? Only an idea.
Wishes:
- What about a fade on pause?
- What about portable network graphic-support (png)?
- Why can't I choose the position of toolbars freely (I think you are working on that, aren't you?)
You are doing a great job. Thank you for the best software I ever used!! I'm looking forward to the multilingual version. Hope you will fill you promise!

Sorta cleaned up (using my best guess) by Doof

Timmy_Yak

• Recent member
  • I am a Sexy Beast
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2003, 07:47:58 am »

When you minimize and then maximize the window, the task bar hides.

When tagging, if you change the location of a song and then delete another song, it won't let you change the location of the next song.  Unless if you close the properties window and then open it again.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2003, 08:30:38 am »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/27/06  Priority: High
    HTTP Streaming Not Working For Many Stations
    Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  After attempting to play a radio stream, MC9 has to be restarted for any MP3 to play normally.  An example of a bad stream:
    http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/MPL/4509.mpl.  This stream will play in Winamp.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/27/06  Priority: High
    CD Burning Not Writing CD Text
    Burning Audio CDs with "Decode Directly to CD" enabled does not write CD Text.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/27/06  Priority: Low
    No Zone Display
    There should be an option somewhere to display the current zone.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/27/06  Priority: Low
    Upgrading Resets Song Info Display
    When upgrading, any changes to the song info display area is reset.

Suggestions/Requests
  • Make the choice of tree view or panes an option either global or by scheme.
Toast goes in the toaster.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2003, 08:37:51 am »

The New GUI for adding fields is fine but it has removed the sticky naming options that were there before.  please bring these back as the presets you have are not anything I would use...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

dylanstan

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love MJ V9! At last cover view! Big Kiss!!!
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2003, 09:01:02 am »

5. Changed: Album thumbnails sorted by "Album Artist (auto)/Album" instead of "Artist (or first song)/Album".

Thanxxx a lot for this!!!

I've been waiting before use the new beta 'cause i wasn't very sure about if i wanted to have to learn more things, but seeing this option i couldn't wait for more.
But.... this is the only thing that i've found "useful" in the new beta. Maybe it's question of use it more and get used to it; but i remember that until now every new version has been better and i was like i don't want to get back to the old. This time i'm thinking in get back to my "old" 9.080, and i think that the fact of thinking this is not a good thing.
I see it like a bit harder to make my view schemes than it was before, and i use mainly playlist to make the view schemes. Well, maybe it isn't harder, but i don't find the "convenience" in the new method, and i see the new look like a bit "harder" to choose and search music. But, as i said before, mainly it's only a matter of get used to it.

Too, the fact that i don't understand some of the new things you're implanting probably have to do with that. I understand ('cause i've read some posts about it) what  calculated fields/template-based database fields are, but i don't know how to use it.

Any option of some "tutorial/pas by pas" of how to take advantage/learn to use of some of the things you're enclosing in MC?

OT Question(but really important for me): Is there some plan of change the display of date imported from the actual to year/month/day?

Can I get the ability to move the Properties pane to the right side of the screen?

Well, you got the ability of put in in any place clicking in "windowed mode toggle", but i suppose that what you want is to have the not windowed properties panel in the right side like in old version. Yeah, me too, but i think that we've very few possibilities of this happening. Don't ask me why, just an intuition  ;)

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2003, 09:02:50 am »

MC9 Not Playing RA Streams
    Clicking on a .RAM link causes it to be played with RealOne Player rather than MC9 regardless of current file association settings.

Autoplay After Search
    When using the search blank, whatever is found will begin playing automatically even if "Start playing when files are added to playing now" is unchecked.

Yangus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2003, 09:09:59 am »

Just want to keep the fact that changing the list style resets the panes up there.
Also, it seems that each new build resets my carefully constructed custom text in the playing area (Not really a big deal though).

Thanks.

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2003, 09:20:22 am »

3. New: Added "Remove Duplicates" command to playlist right-click. (tree and list right click)

Thank you!   8)
Thank you,

John

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2003, 09:57:12 am »

Horizontal Scrollbar Not Visible in Auto Smartlists
    The only thing visible at the bottom of the screen is the selection bar to choose "Files in playlist", etc.

Empyrean

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2003, 10:11:10 am »

In the Album, Artist, Genre View, after selecting the Album the vertical scrollbars for Artist and Genre disappear. This has existed in the last few betas.

The List Style button on the bottom toolbar resets the panes, it should allow changing of views without resetting the panes.

There should also be a pane reset feature.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2003, 10:16:17 am »

Folder Deletion via HDL Causes Crash
    Using the Tree View display of Hard Disk Location, MC9 crashes when trying to delete an imported folder with subfolders on a remote share.  Some of the files were deleted, some weren't.

Tree/Pane Functionality Difference in HDL
    Folders can be deleted via the Tree View but not via the Panes view.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2003, 10:26:27 am »

When did we get the ability to add duplicate entries to playlists?

echerna

• nothing more to say...
Media Core Error
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2003, 10:52:46 am »

I am receiving a "Media Core" error when I try and start Media Center Beta 9.1.207 and 206.  I just re-loaded my system with Windows XP Professional and the Service Pack update.  There are no other installed programs on this system yet with the exception of the Media Center Beta.

Please help.

Thanks

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2003, 11:14:32 am »

Doof,

It was there back in the early 9 beta days and then removed. I discovered it by accident in 205.

I used to use it for playlists that would contain a small soundbite between groups of songs (in "tangoese" it is called a cortina and is used to separate groupings of either artists or tangos, milongas, valses, etc). When it was removed I had to create 20+ versions of the same file 1-xx, 2-xx, etc.

Personally, I would like to see an option somewhere that says "allow duplicates in playlists, yes/no." But then I don't know how many other than myself would like it.

Thank you,

John

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2003, 11:23:34 am »

Hi,

- Still get some Media core crashes when switching from one library to another (athought it does not seem to be as deterministic as in 205)

- Is it possible to have the display of the name of the current library back ?

thanks

Christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2003, 12:19:02 pm »

Bug?

Selecting the value of a calculated field does not display anything in the content pane.

Sample:
Selecting 1916 in  Date (Year) Column displays 3 lines, selecting 1916 in Date Column displays nothing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up