INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Conversion Help  (Read 1091 times)

natechavez

• Recent member
Audio Conversion Help
« on: June 26, 2003, 11:34:02 am »

I recently purchased MC9 and I have to say I very much like the program.  However I am having problems with the audio conversion feature.  I read on another post in this forum about the differences in the audio formats and decided I would try them.  I have around thirty albums in MP3pro format (the only thing MM does well) and I wanted to try converting them into either OGG or MP3 VBR --alt preset extreme to improve audio quality.  I am having problems wit this:
1.  I can't seem to get the OGG Vorbis encoder to work correctly.  My MP3's sound like the chipmunks after conversion.  I don't know if I first need to encode them all to MP3 at 128 because of MP3pro to OGG conversion problems or if it is simply an error in MC9.
2.  I then tried to convert my mp3pro's to MP3 VRB --alt preset extreme and the files appeared to be okay except that they were longer, twice as long, then they were originally.
I really need help with these issues if someone could please help me.  Or fo I  even need to convert my mp3pro's?

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio Conversion Help
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 11:57:00 am »

It might be because MC does not support MP3 PRO

natechavez

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 12:03:27 pm »

Yeah I thought that too so T tried encoding to MP3 128 first and then ecoding to ogg and MP3 VBR --alt preset extreme and still had the same results

rocketsauce

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2003, 09:01:29 am »

I have around thirty albums in MP3pro format (the only thing MM does well) and I wanted to try converting them into either OGG or MP3 VBR --alt preset extreme to improve audio quality.

Converting mp3pro to ogg or a higher bitrate/vbr mp3 won't improve quality. It will most likely lower the quality even further. The only way to get a higher quality ogg or vbr mp3 is to re-rip the tracks from the original cd.

Rob

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2003, 11:12:26 am »

I completely agree with RocketSauce ... you cant Up-convert your files ... it doesnt work.  You can typically convert (at about the same quality) to another format ...but there is still a bit of loss. and the original format must be supported in MC.

Your best bet is just to re-rip the tracks .. it will sound better in the long run!
Pages: [1]   Go Up