INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZEN Plugin uploads wrong file.  (Read 2135 times)

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Smile!!!  It's contagious!
ZEN Plugin uploads wrong file.
« on: June 25, 2003, 07:03:41 am »

I was just uploading some songs from my ZEN to my PC and found a slight problem.  In my list of songs, I uploaded 'The Promise' by 'Arcadia'.  The song that was uploaded was 'The Promise' by 'When In Rome'.  To make sure, I specifically went back to my ZEN, selected 'The Promise' (artist is 'Arcadia') and uploaded the file.  I imported the file 'The Promise.mp3' into the MC9.1 library and it shows it (and plays the song) as being 'The Promise' by 'When In Rome'.  Using ZEN Plugin ver 9.0.14.

Media Center Registered 9.1.205 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 116 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 78 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSynch   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: ZEN Plugin uploads wrong file.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 08:45:19 am »

Brian,

Check the Artist Album (auto) tag on this file and I think you will see what is happening. I recently changed the Artist field to default to Artist Alubum (auto) to handle multiple artist cds. If this is indeed the problem, I will add an option so that you can deselect this as the default behavior.

Steve

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 09:27:26 am »

Hey Steve,
I made visible the 'Album Artist (auto)' column in the Nomad Jukebox view (Is this what you wanted me to do?) but I still have the same problem.  Even though I pick the correct file to upload to the PC, MC uploads a different file by the same name.

Brian Palmer

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 12:43:12 pm »

Brian,

I was talking about something that is currently unavailable. To verify that the problem is what I think, please check the tag info for 'The Promise'. Does it have an Album Artist (auto) tag of 'When in Rome'? If so then the fix for you is on the way.

Steve

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2003, 03:54:36 pm »

Steve,
Sorry about that.  Brain was a tad bit slow in engaging today.  I see what you mean now.  I enabled the Album Artist (auto) column in the Nomad Jukebox view and no, the Album Artist (auto) shows 'Arcadia' for 'The Promise' just as it should.  Let me know if there is anything else I can look at.  You know, it almost seems as if it picks up the first file by that name that it runs into instead of the appropriate file.  Of course that's just a thought :)

Brian Palmer

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2003, 07:15:19 am »

Brian,

I just posted a new Nomad Juekbox plugin (v 9.0.15). Could you download it?

I think the confusion is still being caused not by sending the wrong file, but by associating a different tag for the 'Artist' field than what you are expecting. After you get the new plugin, right-click on the Nomad icon and you will see an option to select an 'Artist' field. Try switching yours to 'Artist' and see if everything is not how you would expect.  With 'Artist' selected, whatever information you have as 'Artist' in MC is what should fill that field on Nomad.

Thanks,

Steve

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2003, 08:53:04 am »

OK Steve,
Downloaded 9.0.15 but still have the same problem.  I still download to PC the same incorrect file no matter which 'Artist' I choose.  I went ahead and sorted my music on my ZEN by Name so that I could see both 'The Promise' songs next to one another.  I then right clicked each song and downloaded to PC one at a time.  Both times MC transferred 'The Promise' by 'When In Rome'.  I then used the Creative Playcenter software and tried the same thing but it worked by transferring the correct songs appropriately.

Brian Palmer

SteveG

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2003, 10:28:28 am »

Brian,

I see the problem. Even though the problem is small, the fix requires some larger changes. I just received a new set of code from Creative that I want to incorporate into the Plugin.  I will fix this at the same time but it will be a little bit of a wait.  A workaround in the meantime is to rename the file something unique on the Nomad. This should allow you to upload the file correctly.

Steve

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2003, 10:40:54 am »

Steve,
Excellent!  I was starting to think it was just me ?  Glad you saw it.  I already renamed the file previously as a work around so it's not a huge problem.  I can certainly wait for the fix.  I'm sure there are larger issue at hand.  Thanks again for your time.

Brian

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2003, 07:23:42 am »

Just so you know you're not crazy, I saw this problem too, but figured it was something with me.

SteveG

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2003, 07:52:52 am »

Loraan and Brian,

There are no bugs in any MC software, you are both crazy  ;)

Steve

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2003, 09:41:27 am »

:o ...ahhhh man, I knew it... 8)

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up