INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I manually organize music files on drive?  (Read 1215 times)

gregv

• Recent member
Can I manually organize music files on drive?
« on: October 20, 2017, 12:24:37 pm »

I'm not a knowledgeable PC user, having spent years on Macs. I now have a PC based Memory Player Mini music player and use JRiver for playback. I’ve noticed that some high resolution 24 bit 96khz files are not organized in folders on the drive, they are floating as single files in the "0-9" section on my attached drive. If I navigate to the folder of the album, not the album's tracks (I find only two documents for cover art). Looking at the path of the album tracks, it says “F:\01 - Track Name.w64”. The path for other albums is organized by F:\Artist - Album\01 and so on.

Question:
Is there a quicker way to automate a reorganize of these loose tracks in proper Artist\Album folders? I assume I can reorganize them manually and write a corrected path for the file in JRiver for each track... correct me if I'm wrong - and thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can I manually organize music files on drive?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 12:30:02 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  Under the Tools menu, one of the Library Tools is called Rename, Move, or Copy.  The wiki has instructions.

gregv

• Recent member
Re: Can I manually organize music files on drive?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 01:16:28 pm »

Yep. I re-wrote the path location info in JRiver and used the Library Tools / Update Tags (from Library) command... each file moved automatically into the Artist/Album/Track organization and plays properly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up