INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I copy a library from my PC to my Mac and change the file references  (Read 1266 times)

baldo

• World Citizen

I have MC installed on my main PC and I also have a license for my Mac.  I keep all my media files on a separate hard drive lets call it my A drive.

I have copied all my media files from drive A to another portable hard drive, drive B,  which I connect to my Mac.

I did a library backup and restore to transfer the library to my Mac.

As expected, the library on my Mac is now pointing to A:\PC Folder name\Music\{all music folders}

What I need it to do is to point to B:/Mac drive folder/Music/{all music folders}
(Note the "\" on windows file path and the "/" on the Mac file path.

I did a file replace using f8 but this does not work because I have probably not done the rename correctly.

Hope that makes sense.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

robertus3

• Junior Woodchuck

perhaps a little search in the forum would help. Maybe this will answer your question

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,112570.0.html?PHPSESSID=mdo88vu5nnttoq839p5u7ag5q0

baldo

• World Citizen

Thanks for this Robert.

These are very clear instructions and I followed them but unfortunately it did not work.  Infact all I have t do is just change the drive letter from A: to B: and I even clicked on changing the file format from windows to Mac. It just removed the drive letter in the destination path

baldo

• World Citizen

OK, I finally got it.

When I enter the new file reference it needs to be in Mac format and not windows format. Simple, when you know how and what to do...
Pages: [1]   Go Up