INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom fields vs. created fields  (Read 766 times)

wnossel

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Custom fields vs. created fields
« on: June 26, 2003, 02:51:58 pm »

What are the relative advantages of using one of the three custome fields (custom 1-3) instead of creating a new field.

Does it have to do with saving the info in the ID3 tag, rather than just in the MC9 database?

On that same topic, when various fields are being updated in MC9, are the ID3 tags automatically also updated? If yes, is it the ID3 v1 or v2 or both?

Thanks,
W.

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Custom fields vs. created fields
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 03:33:14 pm »

If I remember correctly custom 1-3 was for MJ v8 and is not support by MC v9. It doesn't mean u can't create a custom field by that name but there are more descriptive names I'd rather use.

Tags:

If you goto OPTIONS > TREE & VIEW SETTINGS you will see all the field that u currently have. Click on any of the fields and press the edit button. Information will be saved inside your file if there is a check mark next to the "Store in file tags (when possible)."

I suggest that u go through the list to make sure that the tags u want to be save to your music file is being saved inside you files.

I don't know if MC saves tag info in ID3v1 tags since it's pointless to do so. But MC does save info in ID3v2.
Pages: [1]   Go Up