INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Tagging Pane  (Read 1845 times)

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
New Tagging Pane
« on: August 20, 2017, 02:07:52 pm »

Just tagged some tracks for the first time since the new Tagging Pane rolled out (since I'm not carefully tracking development, it was actually a complete surprise to me!)

First off, LOVE it love it love it.  I haven't spent enough time with it to fully appreciate the implications, but it feels like this could be one of the biggest fundamental improvements to Media Center in recent memory (in that it significantly streamlines the core reason I use MC). Props to JRiver for that.

A couple of wishlist items:
1) I would like to be able to set the default Expand state settings for each group so that every time the Tag panel is opened it looks the same, no matter where I left it the previous time.  I suppose it would also be a good idea to have groups open in the last used expanded state if a no default is specifically defined.

2) Moving an item up or down in the list suffers from the same interface annoyance as reordering in Customize Toolbar, which is repeatedly clicking up or down quickly results in the item not moving.  The user must wait for a single position change to complete entirely prior to clicking on the move button again or subsequent clicks are ignored.  This makes for a much slower, more tedious process for reordering things.  I'm not suggesting a buffer so that clicks pile up where items could unintentionally move farther than wanted, just that accepting input would resume after a single position change completes.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: New Tagging Pane
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 12:34:20 am »

I suppose it would also be a good idea to have groups open in the last used expanded state if a no default is specifically defined.
This is how it currently works. If you are seeing something different, something is wrong...

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 07:38:06 am »

This is how it currently works. If you are seeing something different, something is wrong...
I suspected as much. I was simply trying to clarify that the suggestion to be able to set defaults should not be instead of that behavior, but an addition.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 08:45:48 am »

I like the new tagging pane, but i don't like how it's centered. Can this be changed to left justified, or at least given the option? When you have fields that have a lot of data or a long track title, you don't see a majority of it when it's centered.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 04:28:26 pm »

I like the new tagging pane, but i don't like how it's centered. Can this be changed to left justified, or at least given the option? When you have fields that have a lot of data or a long track title, you don't see a majority of it when it's centered.

I agree. This needs to be fixed.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 05:02:48 pm »

In 23.0.78:
NEW: Added the right-click command "Left-align Labels" to the new tag window to make the labels left align instead of right align.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up