INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming services (Pandora) and IdPi  (Read 2583 times)

rwortman

• Recent member
Streaming services (Pandora) and IdPi
« on: October 26, 2017, 06:05:27 pm »

Sorry if this has been covered but a search didn't turn up much.  I want to be able to use this as a standalone two channel music source.   Part of that is streaming from Pandora.  I can't figure out how to get Pandora to stream through the MC that is resident on my PC out to the Id which isn't really what I want anyway.  I just downloaded an app that will stream anything from my PC out to a DLNA renderer which will kind of get me there.  However, I have to VNC into my PC (in another room) while squinting at a tiny tablet screen to start it  up.   Can I have a way to install the Linux Pandora app and launch it on the IdPi please?  I have a Chromecast Audio that I can do this with but I think the IdPi via USB to my DAC sounds better.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Streaming services (Pandora) and IdPi
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 08:31:40 am »

The idpi runs debian with xfce, so there's no reason you couldn't remote into it and install the Pandora app, but Linux MC doesn't have the ability to stream from outside apps like windows MC does. I've written a guide on a workaround to get a similar effect, but I don't know how it would go on the pi. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Edit: Here it is. https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,109253.0.html

It's written for Spotify but should work with other apps.

BradATIMA

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 02:36:10 pm »

Keep in mind, with the Id Pi, there is no terminal access to the OS. This could be done with a Raspberry Pi with Media Center installed, but not with the Id Pi.

rwortman

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 03:01:40 pm »

Can you do it as an update?  I would pay a reasonable fee for it.  Pithos is a freeware app for Linux Pandora access.  I don't think you need a browser for it.  Or maybe you could add a browser but I guess that lets people break it and then blame you so you have to fix it to  make them happy.

rwortman

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 02:01:31 am »

I guess three weeks of silence means no.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 07:21:31 am »

It would be nice to support streaming on the Id, but we've got other work that comes first.  Sorry.

Thanks for suggesting Pithos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up