INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Group expression for Theater View doesn't work since v23.00.70  (Read 1640 times)

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
Group expression for Theater View doesn't work since v23.00.70
« on: October 28, 2017, 02:55:25 pm »

Hi,
since beginning of time I use the following expression in Theater View for grouping movies...

Expression to group by:
Left([Name],7)

Expression to display:
If(compare(GroupCount(), >, 1), GroupSummary(Series) /(GroupCount()/), [Name, 1])

To work properly this assumes to enter the common movie name into the series field, e.g. Alien for Alien 1 to 4. The result for this example being displayed would be "Alien (4)"

Unfortunately the FALSE condition of the If expression is no longer evaluated since 23.00.70 (I usually stick to the stable releases), i.e. non series show up as "Left([Name],7)" instead of "[Name, 1]", like "Alice I" instead of "Alice In Wonderland".

I restored v23.00.62 and here it works as usual. Please see also the attached screenshot (whose upload fails repeatedly, I try again tomorrow).

What might be the reason for this behavior?
Suggestions for a workaround would also be appreciated.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Group expression for Theater View doesn't work since v23.00.70
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 01:32:24 am »

Possibly.
GroupCount() isn't the issue in this case but maybe one thing was fixed post MC23.00.62 while another broke within the "expression to display" logic.

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 04:09:44 pm »

Just want to bring this on top again because meanwhile I've switched to MC23.00.102 x64 and the issue is still present - "Expression to display" has simply no effect in Theater View.
@JRiver: please have a look. I can hardly believe that I'm the only one with this problem.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 09:14:28 am »

Just want to bring this on top again because meanwhile I've switched to MC23.00.102 x64 and the issue is still present - "Expression to display" has simply no effect in Theater View.
@JRiver: please have a look. I can hardly believe that I'm the only one with this problem.

I can't reproduce this.

I set the expression to display to "Matt was here: [Name]" and every item in my view had that text.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 04:39:27 pm »

Thanks, works for me, too, as long I set expression to group by to [Name].
When changing that to Left([Name],7) then the result of [Name] in the expression to display "Matt was here: [Name]" gets cut. Can you possibly reproduce that?
The result of the group expression should have no effect on the display expression, shouldn't it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up