INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Output Format Re-Enabling Itself  (Read 1277 times)

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
Output Format Re-Enabling Itself
« on: October 30, 2017, 11:53:35 am »

Dunno what exactly triggers this but I always have to disable Output Format in DSP settings and I can relaunch and it is still disabled but eventually it will re-enable itself randomly.  Really terrible annoying to have to suddenly resampling everything to the same 48khz.  That is usually how it configures itself.  This has been happening since pre-MC21.  I can't be the only one this happens to.  It has happened to different installations of MC on different computers for me over the years. It's random.  It will stay disabled for some time and then just one day it is enabled again.  Really terrible frustrating.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Output Format Re-Enabling Itself
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 12:10:12 pm »

Check the setting:
Options > Audio > Auto configure output settings on playback

If it's just set to Yes, the program might just be helping you out because you played something unplayable.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 06:48:00 pm »

That was indeed set... not sure what the error could have been but i bet disabling it fixes this issue.

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 09:34:58 pm »

The big problem is that if MC encounters a format that your DAC can't handle it resets ALL output formats. I ran into this when I tried the listening test and didn't have my DAC configured to play the lowest mp3 bit rate possible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up