INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC23 - playing audio - sporadic noise  (Read 1839 times)

jamesrtrick

MC23 - playing audio - sporadic noise
« on: October 28, 2017, 07:49:20 pm »

Running MC23.0.73 64bit on Win10. When playing audio or video, every now and then there is a burst of noise that lasts for about three seconds. It disrupts both audio and video streams. I cannot see any rhythm to it. I have played my library using other products such as VLC Media Player and this problem does not occur. I've searched the forums and cannot find any submissions that describe this problem, so I'm hoping someone out there has had a similar experience, and has found a solution.

Jim

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC23 - playing audio - sporadic noise
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 07:51:27 pm »

It might help to know more about what you're playing and what you're playing it to.

jamesrtrick

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 07:56:41 pm »

Sure. File types played include mp3, flac and Video_TS. I'm playing from the line out on the computer through a logitech 5.1 channel system (local). The issue just came up a few minutes ago and this time lasted for approx 10 seconds and I noticed I had no mouse control during this time. I should add that this is a recent problem, and so I suspect it may have been created by a MC upgrade.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 08:00:38 pm »

Something at the hardware level is freezing.  Try to narrow it down by playing only FLAC (for example).

Try setting audio to something different.  See the Audio Setup topic on our wiki.

jamesrtrick

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 09:45:03 am »

It seems that setting the audio device in Playback Options to something other than ASIO works (Direct Sound, for example), as I heard no instances of random noise once I'd made the change. The compromise is that I lose the options to convert 2 channel input to 5.1 and redirect the centre channel, which is unfortunate as I quite enjoy that listening environment. Is there a solution to this?

Jim

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 09:53:03 am »

Did you try using WASAPI instead?

It's possible the noise is coming when you're switching formats.  You could convert everything to the same format, or you could use Zones and ZoneSwitch to handle them separately.

jamesrtrick

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 12:40:47 pm »

I ended up trying "Headphones (Realtek Audio) WASAPI" and it is working well. Thanks for your help and patience.

Jim

arrowc

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 06:45:51 pm »

I also have this happen off and on, but only when play next video is on, changing from video to video automatically. I use ASIO out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up