INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with ripping multiple CD's  (Read 1099 times)

Artee40

Problem with ripping multiple CD's
« on: November 01, 2017, 02:59:20 pm »

I notice with the 64 bit version of MC23 (.77) that when I try to rip several CD's at once, the first starts ripping but progress of the others does not show properly, in some cases it does not show that they are ripping at all. When this happens I have to right click on the drive and choose rip and then it starts. Other times the rip does happen, albeit slowly. It appears that there is some queuing going on and that all the rips appear to be linked, in as much, as when one disc is being ripped, the others seem to show ripping starting but it does not actually start working unless nudged along manually. I also noticed that cancelling one rip, seems to cancel all of them. It feels like there is a multitasking problem on multi disk rips with this version.

lkypeter

• Recent member
Re: Problem with ripping multiple CD's
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 09:04:48 am »

Having ripped my 3-4K cds over last 10 years or so starting with iTunes 64/128 kbps to aiff, wave, flac, I have always made sure that the computer is doing the ripping has as much unnecessary functions and services shutdown to get bit perfect rips. Doing multiple rips even if possible is ill advised if you want good sounding rips.

Just my 2 cents. The computer camp will most probably disagree that a bit is a bit and there are no difference but I do hear differences. Most of my cds has been through about 2 to 3 rips in the quest for audio nirvana.

Cheers, pete

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem with ripping multiple CD's
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 09:14:31 am »

Having ripped my 3-4K cds over last 10 years or so starting with iTunes 64/128 kbps to aiff, wave, flac, I have always made sure that the computer is doing the ripping has as much unnecessary functions and services shutdown to get bit perfect rips. Doing multiple rips even if possible is ill advised if you want good sounding rips.

Just my 2 cents. The computer camp will most probably disagree that a bit is a bit and there are no difference but I do hear differences. Most of my cds has been through about 2 to 3 rips in the quest for audio nirvana.
I'm sorry to say that this is not the case.  If you use MC's Secure Rip, it will re-read the disc multiple times in order to make sure there are no errors. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up