INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proper Artwork Naming For Id And Gizmo  (Read 1505 times)

archd

• Recent member
Proper Artwork Naming For Id And Gizmo
« on: November 02, 2017, 12:08:27 pm »

Using an Id with Gizmo app for remote control.  I am not embedding album artwork in my FLAC files, but using single album artwork file in each album directory.  What artwork .jpg naming convention should I use to be recognized by both MC on Id and Gizmo remote control app (folder.jpg; cover.jpg; etc.)?  Thanks for your help!

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Proper Artwork Naming For "ID-Media Center" And Android "Gizmo" App
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 08:35:04 am »

I believe folder.jpg is pretty commonly used; however, there shouldn't be a required naming convention.

archd

• Recent member
Re: Proper Artwork Naming For Id And Gizmo
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 11:13:23 am »

My concern is using a *.jpg file name that will be recognized by both the Id and Gizmo.  Is folder.jpg the only file naming for album artwork to be recognized - or will both recognize any *.jpg file as album artwork and apply it as such?  Thank you for your time and patience with me!

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 12:44:43 pm »

If you have Audio mode option (Tools -> Options -> File Location under Cover Art) set to "In the same folder as the file" you can give the .jpg any valid (don't use forbidden characters) filename you want as long as there is only one .jpg file in the folder. This will be recognized by both Media Center in general (including on the Id) and Gizmo. You can always check what it's using for the cover art for a file in the track's tag in the Image File field.

archd

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 02:18:29 am »

Thank you for the info / answer - much appreciated!
Pages: [1]   Go Up