INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Playback 5.1 DTS HD MA  (Read 2187 times)

2gg5gg2

• Recent member
Problem with Playback 5.1 DTS HD MA
« on: November 04, 2017, 02:10:01 pm »

I have a problem with playing movies; some feature different quality of audio that you can choose. And the movies that feature DTS HD Master Audio 5.1- cannot be played.
If I choose HDMI (in audio options) it doesn’t work at all. If I choose DSD (in audio options) it plays the audio but my reciever displays that imput is only 2 channels (stereo) instead 5.1.
Any ideas how to make it play 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio through HDMI?

Fitzcaraldo215

• World Citizen
Re: Problem with Playback 5.1 DTS HD MA
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 11:20:57 am »

I have a problem with playing movies; some feature different quality of audio that you can choose. And the movies that feature DTS HD Master Audio 5.1- cannot be played.
If I choose HDMI (in audio options) it doesn’t work at all. If I choose DSD (in audio options) it plays the audio but my reciever displays that imput is only 2 channels (stereo) instead 5.1.
Any ideas how to make it play 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio through HDMI?

Don't use DSD output.  It requires a high resource conversion process.

DTS HD MA does work via HDMI.  I did use it for awhile with no problems into a prepro, but I am now using USB into a Mch DAC.  Foggy on the details with HDMI, but JRiver decoded it to hirez PCM automatically.  It can also be sent undecoded via bitstreaming, but I never used it that way.

I think we need to know more details to figure out why it is not working for you.  Screen shots?  Could it be an HDMI handshake issue?  How is your system connected?

2gg5gg2

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 03:15:04 pm »

Hello, I have AV Receiver Onkyo TX-NR838 connected cables HDMI 1.4a with PC (5 cores, videocard asus GeForce gtx760 with new driver) , with 3D TV Samsung UE55F9000, and speakers 5.1   

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 10:03:19 pm »

You are using DirectSound which is a non-exclusive output. Non-exclusive outputs cannot reconfigure the output device.
You should be able to fix this by configuring the output as 5.1 in Windows' Sound Control Panel.

Alternatively, switch from DirectSound to WASAPI (which I would recommend anyway) and Media Center should auto-configure the output.
If you want Media Center to downmix that 7.1 track to 5.1, set the Output Format to 5.1 in DSP Studio.

2gg5gg2

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 10:30:43 am »

Thanks Fitzcaraldo215. Thank you very much, RD James. I was helped by your advice, but I chose audio -  options - audio device - Onkyo 838 NVIDIA High Definition Audio Wasapi, and in the DSP output format I chose 5.1 and everything now works ! Yes ! Sound control panel Windous did not touch. MC23 is the best I know !!!     :) :) :) :) :) ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up