INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search Problem  (Read 1470 times)

Cinelder

• World Citizen
Search Problem
« on: November 07, 2017, 10:12:52 am »

I've noticed in Build 80 (64 bit) that while searches with recently imported files involving non-English characters are showing up in "Suggestions"  they aren't in "Search Results" .  For example, searching for Dvorak for a recently imported file will turn up both "Dvořák" and Dvorak in "Suggestions", but not in "Search Results".  I have to type in "Dvořák" for these to show up in "Search Results", "Dvorak" doesn't seem to do. 

I've also noticed the "Original Title" field hasn't been updating when I import a file with a change to this field. 

Could these two be related to a bug in updating imported files?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Search Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 10:41:04 am »

Look at my example.  It's searching fine using the latest build.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 12:05:53 pm »

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn’t work for me.

For me at least, the  problem seems to be related to two things.

The search string is in the file name , I.e., ‘Dvořák’ is in the actual file name.  It’s not only a field entry.

This problem only happens for me with  files that were recently newly imported (i.e., were not already in the Library but were imported first to and tags edited on a different computer - same o/s, same JRiver version) or, in the case of the ‘original title ‘ field not updating, were in the library but were edited on a different computer (same o/s, same JRiver version). In both cases, I expected would be reflected in a Library import to another computer using Library import as usual and as has been my experience in the past.

The search problem doesn’t seem to appear for files imported a while back, there search works fine whether or not there are non English characters.

I've attached a screencap of what a search for Dvorak Piano concerto 33 shows up...  "Dvořák" only shows up in "Search Suggestions", not in "Search Results"

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 12:46:03 pm »

Would you be willing to send a library backup to matt at jriver dot com?

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up