INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maintain Library from Windows PC, server on Linux, have Linux/Windows clients?  (Read 1787 times)

pepar

• World Citizen

I am thinking that this might be rhetorical, but I wanted confirmation. My media will be on an unRAID server, MC Library server on a Linux box with windows and Linux clients as needed.  Will I be able to maintain my media library from yet another Windows PC?

Jeff
"I like the future, I'm in it." F. Theater

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

If you use authentication (login / password) on the server, the clients can make some changes (tags, for example).  The first client to connect has read/write privileges.  Additional clients are read only.

pepar

• World Citizen

If you use authentication (login / password) on the server, the clients can make some changes (tags, for example).  The first client to connect has read/write privileges.  Additional clients are read only.

That’s per session, correct? If all clients log off, the first to log back on can read/write?

Jeff

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Correct.

pepar

• World Citizen

Finally getting back at this. Are you referring to using authentication on the unRAID server?
Pages: [1]   Go Up