INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JTV/TS setting  (Read 3013 times)

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
JTV/TS setting
« on: November 08, 2017, 10:26:34 am »

Great day to all and Yaobing  8)

I've successfully configured ComSkip onto my MC Server (W10) - using x64 and .80.
Now I'm trying to change my Tuner setting from JTV to the TS format:

I've changed the setting under TV Tuner setup and also verified the recording format under Television tools.
Both are set as 'TS'.
But so far the recordings since are still in the JTV format.

-As test I did converted some of those recordings to TS - via MC library tools - and the outputted file works perfect.

Any suggestion or hint gents ?

Thanks in advance.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: JTV/TS setting
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 12:32:43 pm »

Once you set recording format to TS, the recorded files will be in TS format.  But live TV will still be JTV.  Furthermore if you watch a recording before it is finished, you will be watching it live too.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 10:00:34 am »

Solved by version 23.0.84.
Thanks Yaobing.

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 05:28:09 am »

Yaobing, thanks for the TS recording when using SAT>IP, works perfectly since .89

One thing, guessing a simple request, when the recordings where in .JTV each file had it's own folder created by MC.
But when recording in .TS it doesn't.

I've searched in MCs settings and options, but i can't find a way to select.

Something you can add to a following build ?

When using Comskip, the added files would sit within this folder aswell.
Same applies to the sitecar file then.
More clean and practical :-)

Thanks in advance !

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 05:24:07 pm »

That has always been one of the main differences between TS and JTV recordings, because the JTV file set must be in a unique location, or at least be uniquely named. It would get very messy to have multiple JTV recordings accumulating in one directory. With TS format recordings it isn't so bad, but it could still create a directory with lots of files in it.

You can get what you want with TS recordings and existing functionality though. Just add custom tagging to the recording rules that you are using, to update the [filename (path)] tag, and MC will save the recording to the directory defined by the tag.

For example, I have most of my Series recordings now setting the [filename (path)] tag to "E:\Recorded TV\[Series]\Season [Season]\" so that each recording is in a directory specifically for the Series and Season it belongs to. In my case, because I use JTV format recordings, I get one more sub-directory below that, which then contains the JTV file set.

If you wanted each Episode recording for a Series in its own sub-directory by itself, which might be a bit of overkill, you could set the [filename (path)] tag to "E:\Recorded TV\[Series]\Season [Season]\[Name]\".
Or for non-series recordings, just set the [filename (path)] tag to "E:\Recorded TV\[Name]\", or perhaps "E:\Recorded TV\[Name] - [Date Recorded]\". You get the idea.

There is even a setting to apply default tags when a recording is done at "Options > Television > Recording > Recording default - Tags to apply when recording is done", which you could set to, for example, "E:\Recorded TV\[Series]\Season [Season]\". But that would have mixed results when a recording isn't an Episode of a Series. In that case, the directory created would look something like "E:\Recorded TV\Unknown Series\Season Unknown Season\". But setting a default would add the tag to a new Recording Rule created, which could then be edited as required. Sort of like a template. There is also a right-click function in the tag value edit box, which allows you to select recent values, add fields, and so on.

Note the "\" at the end of the examples above. That is required and important.

Does the above meet your needs?
You will find more information if you search the Television forum for [filename (path)]. There have been a few discussions.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 10:29:25 am »

Whooha i do thank you Roderick !

Indeed what i'm after  ;D

Have a nice day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up