INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tags don't show up when CD is ripped by MC 23.0.77, as seen by MP3Tag  (Read 1073 times)

Antognini

• Junior Woodchuck

When I rip a CD with MC 23.0.77 x64 (to which I upgraded in the last couple of days), MP3Tag doesn't show the tags, or Title, Artist, Album, etc, etc. (the Tag pane in MC shows tag values). If I use dBpoweramp to rip the CD, MP3Tag shows the tag values I expect.

Another CD that I ripped a few days ago, with an earlier MC version (sorry, I don't recall which; it was the version for which I was previously prompted to upgrade), does show tags as seen by MP3Tag.

My concern, and the reason I'm resorting to MP3Tag, is that MC 23.0.77 x64 isn't actually saving tag values in whatever place they are visible to another program, like MP3Tag, and more specifically, Roon, which is where I started seeing anomalous behavior.

Is there any issue, tag-wise, with MC 23.0.77 x64? Maybe a change in parameters needed to get externally visible tagging values?

(I'm running MC 23.0.77 x64 on Win10 Pro x64.)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Tags don't show up when CD is ripped by MC 23.0.77, as seen by MP3Tag
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 05:19:31 pm »

Maybe your settings don't allow writing the tags to the file.

The options page has a search window at the bottom.

Antognini

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Tags don't show up when CD is ripped by MC 23.0.77, as seen by MP3Tag
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 06:26:58 pm »

After doing a search for 'tag' in the options, I found that 'Importing & Tagging: Update tags when file info changes' was off. I turned that on. After ripping the 2 CDs yet again (first deleting everything in JRiver and then using Windows Explorer to delete the directory), everything is good. For example, 'Tag Dump' in the Tags pane shows more than it did before; for example, 'Vendor String' shows lots of stuff (eg, disc number), whereas before it was empty. And in Roon, things are now arranged as I would expect.

I don't recall doing anything with the 'Update tags' option before now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up