INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC23 continual crashing.  (Read 3038 times)

Fast Eddie

• Recent member
MC23 continual crashing.
« on: November 08, 2017, 10:58:54 pm »

Hi guys. I recently updated to MC23 (v23.0.65) from MC21.  Worked fine for a few weeks but now crashes after less than a minute or so, even when not playing any music (all I use it for).  I updated to 23.0.74 and have exactly the same issue, so MC is now unusable. I have not checked auto import as per another thread.
I am using OSX 10.12.6 on a Mac mini 1.4GHz Core i5 with 4Gb RAM. Music is all on NAS via ethernet LAN. Any thoughts gratefully received.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC23 continual crashing.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 06:18:15 am »

Fast Eddie

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 02:40:14 pm »

Thanks for the link.  Unfortunately the same issue occurs.......any further thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 03:34:59 pm »

No idea.  Sorry.

You could try local files, to eliminate the NAS as a possible cause.

Fast Eddie

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 04:10:24 pm »

Thanks Jim, unfortunately that did not help either. Would it help if I copied you a crash file?  It does not mean anything to me as I am not a tech.........

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 05:32:48 pm »

Did you turn off auto import?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 05:39:47 pm »

Fast Eddie

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 05:49:02 pm »

No it is not - I have not updated to High Sierra as yet as it just came through a few hours ago.

I believe that I have turned Auto Import off - under Tools>Import>Configure Auto Import>Media Import ..... I have deleted any folders to watch and any tasks.

Fast Eddie

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 02:10:21 am »

Hi guys.  If there are no new ideas then I will have to go back to MC21 as I have updated to 23.0.83 and still it is completely unusable. Can you please point me to where I can download MC21 - at least this was quite stable. 

A refund on my purchase of MC23 would also be reasonable - how can I go about this?

Thanks.

Fast Eddie

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2017, 03:58:13 pm »

Found MC21 - works perfectly and totally stable.  Clearly an issue with MC23 for others who may be experiencing issues.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2017, 04:30:26 am »

Or something else.  We're not seeing a lot of crash reports for MC23 on Mac.

tonereef

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 11:07:46 pm »

I'm having what I think is the same problem with MC23.0.65. The main window freezes after opening some other window, or doing something else. To get things working again I have to quit and reopen. But often within a couple of minutes it's frozen again. I just bought MC a couple of days ago so I'm still learning how to use it. I'm using it in El Capitan on an iMac, with 3 libraries (two of which are on an external drive; the one on the desktop is mostly iTunes files). Any idea what the problem might be?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 01:58:42 am »

There is a newer build at the top of this board.

ugee

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 02:03:28 pm »

... The main window freezes after opening some other window, or doing something else. To get things working again I have to quit and reopen. But often within a couple of minutes it's frozen again. ...

May seem a bit far fetched but I did fall for this a couple of times so I mention it anyway:
are you sure that there's no confirmation dialog window open in addition to the MC main window when the main window seems unresponsive? Those dialog windows could be hidden behind MCs main window...

tonereef

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 06:14:22 pm »

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the situation. It seems everything is ok until I open another window (such as the DSP one in Tools - Options) - and although I can close that window, the main window - which is playing a track and will continue to play all the tracks in that album automatically - has lost all controls and can't be closed except by quitting the app. (I can enlarge the album cover by double-clicking on it, but otherwise it's frozen.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up