INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [23.0.73; Issue; Solved] Ignore single or empty values  (Read 2653 times)

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe
[23.0.73; Issue; Solved] Ignore single or empty values
« on: November 04, 2017, 12:59:14 am »

Since Panel has been updated for MC23, I've noticed that Panel is no longer skipping levels that are based on fields with empty values or with only one value across all files (think mode 1 of the ListBuild() function). I'm pretty sure it did this before, and it was rather convenient.

Is there a way that I'm missing to turn it on?

Failing that, what delimiter would I use if I wanted to accomplish this with ListBuild()? '\' doesn't work here.

Goatshade

Re: [23.0.73; Issue] Ignore single or empty values
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 02:58:39 am »

Anybody?

Goatshade

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 03:03:46 pm »

Bump

BradATIMA

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 04:04:31 pm »

Can you post a screenshot and a description? I'm not sure I understand what the problem is.

Goatshade

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 04:12:48 pm »

See attachment. So, say that the [Series] field is empty, or that all files in a given [Franchise] have the same data in [Series]. In those cases, using JRemote or Theatre View, the [Series] level will be skipped entirely when drilling down. On Panel, this does not occur. I'm saying it would be awesome if Panel acted like JRemote in this instance.

Goatshade

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 06:30:24 pm »

Another question related to Panel:

When pulling from a server, how does it handle audio and video? JRemote, when playing to itself, transcodes media based on some nice 'n easy presets (low, medium, and high). What does Panel do? It doesn't feature quality options in its settings.

Goatshade

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 08:04:43 pm »

Never mind. I fixed it with ListBuild() and the following code:
Code: [Select]
Replace(ListBuild(1,\,[Franchise],IfElse(!IsEmpty([Series Modifier]),[Series Modifier],IsEqual([Franchise],[Series]),,1,[Series]),IfElse(!IsEmpty([Season Modifier]),Delimit([Season Modifier],,/Season/ )Delimit([Season Name],,/:/ ),IsEqual([Season Negator],Yes),,1,Delimit([Season],,/Season/ )Delimit([Season Name],,/:/ )),[Language]Delimit([Subtitle Language],/ Subtitles,/ with/ )),;,:)&datatype=[list]I was missing
Code: [Select]
&datatype=[list].

BradATIMA

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 08:39:29 am »

Another question related to Panel:

When pulling from a server, how does it handle audio and video? JRemote, when playing to itself, transcodes media based on some nice 'n easy presets (low, medium, and high). What does Panel do? It doesn't feature quality options in its settings.

For Panel, audio is converted if the file is not an mp3. Video is always transcoded. Both currently use the highest quality option. Quality presets for audio and video will be added to Panel soon.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 08:52:08 am »

For Panel, audio is covnerted if the file is not an mp3. Video is always transcoded. Both currently use the highest quality option. Quality presets for audio and video will be added to Panel soon.

Hopefully no conversion will be an option. This is particular important when using a PC as a client, since the PC can be connected to a high quality sound system. But it can also be useful for portable systems with high quality output, such as headphones.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: [23.0.73; Issue; Solved] Ignore single or empty values
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 09:01:32 am »

Hopefully no conversion will be an option.
Depending on the format, "no conversion" might not work.  The audio format needs to be supported in the browser.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Supported_media_formats

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 10:30:32 am »

Depending on the format, "no conversion" might not work.  The audio format needs to be supported in the browser.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Supported_media_formats

Agreed. The idea is that if flac or wav is supported, then pass it through rather than converting everything to mp3. Or maybe an option to convert to wav. It would be a shame to be limited to just mp3. Something like the following options

Send everything as mp3

Do not convert (check all that are appropriate)
     flac
     wav

Convert non-checked lossless formats to wav

It would be nice to set this on the client and have the information stored separately for each client.

Goatshade

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 02:51:38 pm »

Agreed. The idea is that if flac or wav is supported, then pass it through rather than converting everything to mp3. Or maybe an option to convert to wav. It would be a shame to be limited to just mp3. Something like the following options

Send everything as mp3

Do not convert (check all that are appropriate)
     flac
     wav

Convert non-checked lossless formats to wav

It would be nice to set this on the client and have the information stored separately for each client.

All of the +1's.

Only thing I would add with regards to conversion behaviour is that lossy formats should not be converted unless absolutely necessary.

I, for example, have one or two albums in M4A (AAC). There wasn't much of a choice; those releases were only available on iTunes.

This also applies to JRemote. I just tested it on a 256 kbps M4A, and JRemote indicates that it's transcoding to a 320 kbps MP3.
Pages: [1]   Go Up