INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get Movie & TV Info not working on Auto Import  (Read 1445 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Get Movie & TV Info not working on Auto Import
« on: November 11, 2017, 01:00:56 am »

I have a number of TV show folders monitored by Auto Import so TV shows I drop into those folders automagically appear in MC.

The Shows appear, but they never get tagged with the TV show information even though I have the options enabled in Auto Import.

If I right-click on the files and get the information manually they update correctly.

Is something broken with auto import or am I expecting too much?

Thanks
Richard

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Get Movie & TV Info not working on Auto Import
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 02:02:12 am »

Are these TV recordings MC is making, or just TV program files you have sourced elsewhere, because;

Another related question you previously asked was "when does 'Get Movie & TV Info' happen" after a show is recorded.  I told you I would look into it.  I am however still confused.  I can swear I have not done any coding myself about it, and I can not find any code (that other people did) that does it either.  So as far as I am concerned, automatic execution of "Get Movie & TV Info" does not happen.   ? ? ? ?

From https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,111229.msg771530.html#msg771530

The problem here is that if the "Get Movie & TV Info" function runs on recorded programs after the recording is finished, then it will overwrite data that was sourced from the EPG. Sometimes the EPG data is the best data, so that isn't good. The other issue is that the lookup could find the wrong program and cause MC to actually lose data about the program. It is a bit of a can of worms.

In fact, recorded programs aren't Auto Imported. The Library record is created by the TV recording process and the EPG data is copied to the file tags. I believe Auto Import is not invoked for the files.

The setting is there in Auto Import though, so any user would expect it to work. It does seem to work for me with non-recorded programs, where files are saved or more often moved to a watched folder. Sometimes Season Cover Art isn't collected though, and sometimes Episode info is slow to appear, requires a manual run of Auto Import, or a manual run of the "Get Movie & TV Info" function. But in the latter case that is usually because the program isn't unique in TheTVDB, so the "Get Movie & TV Info" function can't find the correct data.

At least, the above is my current understanding.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 02:15:24 am »

These are TV recordings I have sourced by other means, usually US TV shows.

I have also just noticed that the tags are updated if I put just one show in a folder at a time, but when I copy multiple files none get tagged.

Richard

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 03:47:28 pm »

I have also just noticed that the tags are updated if I put just one show in a folder at a time, but when I copy multiple files none get tagged.

You may be on to something there. I haven't tried hard to determine when it always works, and when it doesn't.

Remember also that automatic "Get Movie & TV Info" won't overwrite existing tags, I believe. Manually running it does have that option.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up