INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming Radio Throughout the House Using MC  (Read 1858 times)

Blu99Zoomer

• Recent member
Streaming Radio Throughout the House Using MC
« on: November 27, 2017, 10:29:31 am »

I would like to be able to listen to internet radio stations on a stereo that is set up in my workout room.  I have a wired intranet using CAT 6 cable so I can run a wire to the workout room.  I prefer wired over wireless/wifi.  I have Media Center on a computer(actually on two, but they are in two other systems in the house).  I would like to use an ID, Raspberry pi, or a microrendu/ultrarendu to feed a dac and then into the stereo.  Is that doable.  If so, which device will work?  I would like to avoid using another computer.  I would like to have an on/off button control only required in that workout room.  I don't mind setting up the stream through one of the two computers I have with MC installed.  I have looked around but have been unable to find the information I need.  Perhaps someone could point me if it is doable.  Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Streaming Radio Throughout the House Using MC
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 12:16:21 pm »

If you can find the link for a radio station, you can save it as a playlist.

File > Open URL
Once playing, right click on the stream in Playing Now and send it to a playlist.

Once you have it in a playlist, you can save it as a Car Radio button or use any of the MC remotes to play it.

robt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 04:01:35 pm »

Jim

Can I bring up the subject of HLS AAC streams as used by the BBC here in the UK and streaming via dlna? We looked at it some months ago then let it go. Appreciate it might be unique to the UK at the moment but the Beeb often lead the way and others follow...

The other thing, is there any hope for synching renderers the way that Squeezeboxes do? Or is that hardware dependant?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 02:33:57 am »

Last I knew, BBC was making at least some of their streams available only in the UK.  In that case, we're not likely to spend time on trying to get it working.

Blu99Zoomer

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 01:26:18 pm »

HI,

Thank you JimH for the suggestion.  When I listen to a stream though, I presently navigate to the station's website, scroll through a list of shows, and select the show, previously archived, to play.  I wonder if because I am selecting a show instead of a station's whole stream, would it work the same as you are suggesting, meaning I would be unable to create a playlist as the location of that archived show would have to change with each day/show/time change?  Did I explain that?

Best,

Blu99Zoomer

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 02:47:38 pm »

I don't know.  You will need to investigate and experiment, to find the url that works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up