INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Failure to Rip Discs  (Read 3163 times)

dasphd

• Recent member
Failure to Rip Discs
« on: November 13, 2017, 04:11:53 pm »

Hi, I have been unable to rip discs since I upgraded to 23. I get an error message that the program failed to create CD manager control. Ripping is currently unavailable. Is there anything that can be done.Thank you. David

imtrying2

• Recent member
Re: Failure to Rip Discs
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 06:53:09 pm »

I'm having this issue also. I'm new to Mac and not sure what the issue is..... I am currently using the trial version of MC, does that matter?
Thanks,
 Steve

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 08:23:06 am »

Make sure you're on the latest build, there was a ripping bug that was fixed a while back. 
In Media Center, go to  Help / Update Channels / Check for Updates...

Let us know if this fixes the problem for you.  Thanks.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

imtrying2

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 02:27:31 pm »

I have the latest version and I have an optical drive connected. When I insert a disc, iTunes opens....do I need to disable that?
The information window that opens says...

Ripping is currently unavailable.

Please ensure that a suitable optical drive is installed on this machine.
Also, make sure you are using a local library and are not in party mode.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 12:20:50 am »

As John suggested above, you may need to update to the latest build:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,113584.0.html

imtrying2

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 11:56:36 am »

I’m not trying to be obnoxious, but I did post saying I had the latest version, sorry for using the incorrect term....build. Maybe it’s best if I just stick with what I have for now.
Thanks for your time

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 01:28:11 pm »

Latest can be a few things.  Please be specific about the build you're using.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 03:46:14 pm »

Are you using a USB drive?

There was a thread recently where it was suggested that ripping using a USB drive wouldn't work. Something about Windows/Mac/Linux JRiver not being able to take full control of the drive to support secure ripping. But the thread could have just been about the JRiver Id. It was suggested that an internal drive would be required. I don't know if that is fact though. (Is this CDs?)

Anyway, if ripping isn't available in JRiver MC, is it available with other software? If you can confirm with other software that the drive is seen and available to rip a disc, that would narrow down the potential issues.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

imtrying2

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2017, 08:59:01 pm »

I updated to 23.0.90. I'm using an LG CD/DVD optical drive connected via USB to my MAC and I know it's working, when I insert a CD, the drive shows the songs on the cd in iTunes. I tried importing it to iTunes and it works fine. I still get the same message when I try to rip a CD in MC23.

I'm trying to send the rip to my Id.  It's connected to my network and it shows up in the finder on the MAC. I can see the library from the Id on MC23 on the MAC and can play the music from that library also.

Do I need to change something in the settings perhaps?

I went File/Quick Play/Drives and Devices and can actually play the CD that way

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 01:05:11 am »

Did you actually rip the disc?  As in, put the CD in the drive and press the rip icon in the Action Window (lower left)?

imtrying2

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2017, 10:52:43 pm »

Once the CD started playing, the action window was no longer available. I could no longer pick anything in the action window. In fact the entire screen froze and I couldn’t even close the window for MC 23, I had to restart my MAC!!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2017, 12:24:41 am »

You need to find a way to rip the CD, not play it.  The Mac OS probably has a setting for that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up