INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need to move my copy of JRiver Media Center 23 for Mac  (Read 1371 times)

gmgraves

Need to move my copy of JRiver Media Center 23 for Mac
« on: November 16, 2017, 06:04:34 pm »

When I bought my copy of JRiver Media Server 23 for Mac, I installed it on my home office Mac with the idea of using it with my copy of Logitech Media server to work with my Logitech Squeezebox Touch to stream my audio media from my home office Mac to my stereo system in my living room. Of course that doesn't work (dumb me). What I should have done is install my Media Center 23 on my my MacBook Pro which is connected via USB to my stereo's DAC. That makes a lot more sense. Now, I haven't tried it, but I suspect that once I've installed the Media Center on one Mac in my house, I can't install it on another, but I'm hoping that I can unregister the software on my home Office Mac and re-register it on my MacBook Pro. Is that possible and can you help me with that?  I'm retired, on a fixed income, and really can't afford to buy JRiver Media Center again. Thanks in advance for any assistance that you can provide. ?

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Need to move my copy of JRiver Media Center 23 for Mac
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 06:10:59 pm »

You can install a 2nd copy on your other computer. Both installs will work. JRiver is the best!

The restore page will get you another licence to use on your new install.

Ken

https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore.cgi
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

gmgraves

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 06:34:48 pm »

Thank You kensn. I have one more question, There is an option in the lower left-hand window of the Media Center splash page that says "sync handheld". Does this refer to a wi-fi smart-phone or tablet such as an iPad? Does it mean that once linked, the music in Media Player can be selected for playing from ones phone or pad? That would be awfully convenient, if that is indeed the case.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 09:25:37 am »

No.  Sync handheld is for managing an iPod, USB stick, etc.

You can play files on your tablet for free (Gizmo, Panel) or the paid JRemote. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up