More > Music and Movie Services

How To Listen To Tidal Through JRiver

(1/6) > >>

Phil_C:
I have Tidal premium music service and JRiver 23.0.81 (current stable version) on my Windows 10 PC.  PC is connected to the Internet via a router. I use JRemote app on iPad to run JRiver remotely. 

How can I play Tidal through JRiver?  Didn't see instructions in Tidal help screens, JRiver Wiki or Interact Forum.  I need guidance on how to set this up.

JimH:
You can use JRiver as a Windows driver so that Tidal (or any streaming service) can play to JRiver.  Here's how:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WDM_Driver

Phil_C:
Thanks for the answer.  One followup:  If I install and use WDM to play Tidal thru JRiver into my stereo's DAC, will WDM replace my current WASAPI driver, which plays my music library in JRiver to DAC?  Or will Win 10 have two sound interfaces,  WDM and WASAPI, and I select one or the other in Win 10 to play Tidal or my music library?

WASAPI is currently selected in JRiver at Tools>Options>Audio>Berkeley Alpha USB Interface Audio (WASAPI).  The Berkeley audio hardware device came with the WASAPI driver from the manufacturer and works best with it. 

I want to play Tidal through JRiver, but not if I lose use of the WASAPI driver (or have to reinstall WASAPI occasionally). 

Awesome Donkey:
You need to set the Tidal app itself to use JRiver's WDM driver as the output. That way it's piped through MC and goes out the WASAPI output you're using there.

stanzani:
can I play tidal from smartphone app and redirect somehow the audio to JRiver installed on the home PC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version