INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To JRiver :- Small Complaint :(  (Read 900 times)

nila

To JRiver :- Small Complaint :(
« on: June 25, 2003, 02:55:57 am »

Hiya,
My system died terribly so I've now formatted and done a fresh install. All works great.
I've had a BSOD already so far on this install so I'm a bit worried.

Originally when the restore system was introduced we were told to just wait till the end of our 30 days trial before doing a restore to just make sure our systems were working stably so that we didn't use up the restores. This worked fine and I've always done it.

Just started noticing limitations in MC now though that are telling me I need to restore if I want full features.

I dont want to waste a restore, find the BSOD error is still around and that I have to then do a fresh install and end up having used two restores within a week period.

The original suggestion of waiting till the 30 day trial was up was an excellent one but now it seems we cant even do this without having limitations on what we can and cant do with MC - I noticed my burning is limited to 16x too. Not sure what other limitations have been added.

I know the system restores give u the best protection against piracy but what about us?

The original solution was a good one, now it seems I have to do a restore basically straight away if I want MC at full power.

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
Re: To JRiver :- Small Complaint :(
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 06:41:52 am »

...end up having used two restores within a week period.

Keep in mind that one restore is good for two weeks.

nila

Re: To JRiver :- Small Complaint :(
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 06:54:01 am »

Ah,
Good point I had forgotten.

I still feel it's a bit unfair as it's possible to use up all ur restores but with this in mind it's not as bad.

The old fully functional MC with the restores was fair because it meant that as long as u were smart about it you could make sure that your license was equivalent to a normal one. This way does mean that you could end up without MC even thought you'd paid for it.

Thanks for reminding me of this point though :)

Just as well it was a small complaint not a big one  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up