INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request bump - video mouse wheel configuration  (Read 1108 times)

hege

• Recent member
Request bump - video mouse wheel configuration
« on: November 21, 2017, 03:05:47 pm »

Hello,

Only a trialing user so far, but I'd like to bump an old thread I found:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79108.0

Kstuart has many good points.

I'm very much a casual "HTPC from sofa" user, watching random videos, tv-series etc. I simply have mouse in my hand 90% of the time, 8% virtual keyboard and 2% real keyboard like when typing this..

Coming from simple MPC-HC it's surprising that something like a mouse wheel action can't be configured. Fixed jump of 20 seconds is very awkward. There are many times I simply want to fast-forward some boring parts without missing a whole scene or jump back to check something interesting. 5 seconds per wheel click would be way more optimal for me.

There are also plenty of reasons for needing a quick pause with simple mouse left-click anywhere on the video, instead of searching for tiny button on the bar.

Please consider these features.

On a positive note, I'm impressed how much thought has gone on the audio stack and how simple it's to do complicated DSP internally for both audio and videos, something separate MPC-HC+Foobar2000 doesn't offer. So I'll most likely be a customer, cheers.  ;)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Request bump - video mouse wheel configuration
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 03:07:52 pm »

Have you tried a Media Center remote?

On that remote or on your keyboard, you can jump forward and back with left and right arrow.  The time can be configured.

hege

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 03:11:31 pm »

The problem is I don't normally use a keyboard when couch surfing. Also I have zero need for a remote, mouse is all I use and need on the sofa. It's always beside me, but keyboard is too clunky to be sitting beside me all the time, I just throw it on the fluffy carpet.. :D

I guess I could try to find some mapping program for modifying wheel to keyboard actions. edit: I guess that would break adjusting volume with wheel, which I use a lot too :(

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hi
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 03:59:29 pm »

You may want to consider one of these, Spacebar for quick pause, arrow keys are easy to find, even in the dark as the up arrow has a nub on it.  The thumb operated mouse pad works really well.  It's backlit too.

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Enhanced-Multimedia-Backlit-Keyboard/dp/B005L2NTTQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1511301339&sr=8-4&keywords=lenovo+keyboard+mouse

I have two and love them. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up