INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video - Display setting - Automatic change mode: ON  (Read 1572 times)

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
Video - Display setting - Automatic change mode: ON
« on: November 25, 2017, 02:11:00 am »

Hi,
I haven't read much about the JRiver display setting that automatically changes the display refresh rate accordingly to the movie.

This is basically what I have found:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Video_Playback_Options
""
This subject covers the configuration of Display Settings under:
Tools > Options > Video > Display Settings
Correct configuration of these settings is key to getting smooth video playback. It is very important that the frame refresh frequency for your display matches (or is a multiple of) the frame rate (frames per second) at which the video was created. When the file is played, MC inspects the fps setting and uses it to change the refresh rate which the GPU uses to set up the communication with the display.
There are several settings:
Enable Automatic Display Settings changing - select this for MC to automatically change the display refresh rate and resolution settings dependent on the fps (frames per second) setting of the video file and the display resolution;

""

Can someone please advise if this is such an important setting or does VideoClock take care of this instead and therefor not necessary.

Best regards,

//Peter
Hardware: Intel Core i5-8600K 16GB RAM, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB DUAL OC
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Projector: JVC DLA-I X5500 (RS420, X570R) -
Screen: DNP Supernova 08-85
Processor: Anthem AVM 70
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.
Sub: Arendal 1723 1S

maid

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video - Display setting - Automatic change mode: ON
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 06:58:41 pm »

I would also like to know this as I think there is conflicting settings.
As I have been advised if using red october HQ Madvr does the switching.
I want to upgrade but I use bitstreaming and I cant get video smooth as if I set madvr to switch the the voices go out.
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV
Pages: [1]   Go Up