INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The "Downloads" function on Mac vs. Windows  (Read 1771 times)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
The "Downloads" function on Mac vs. Windows
« on: November 28, 2017, 07:42:20 am »

I must admit I am far from skilled on my Mac (as a new user), but I thought I could figure this out. I was wrong.
On PC, there was a feature under Drives and devices, from which I'd choose "Explorer" and then I would find "Downloads", which is where I used to keep my newly added music before listening to it and deciding whether I would include it in MC library.

I thought the same would be possible on my Mac, but apparently it's not so. Leaving a folder in "Downloads" can not be found unless I import it to MC, is that so? Thing is, I WANT to keep some folders outside the library until I've decided what to do with them.
Any ideas? What is it that I don't get?

ugee

Re: The "Downloads" function on Mac vs. Windows
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 02:00:55 pm »

(1) I'd say it's not really that much different on a Mac. By default the Downloads folder is available either from the dock of from the Finder (there's a shortcut in the Finder sidebar for it).

(2) If you haven't told MC that it should not auto-import files from the Downloads folder (you may have to check "Configure Auto-Import") and if you haven't set the General Option to auto-add files you've played the files should not get added to your library.

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 02:41:02 pm »

Sorry, I was a bit hasty: yes, I've put a folder into Downloads and it appears in Finder, but I can not access it in MCs left hand panel. Which is a pity, as I'd liked to listen to it before eventually putting it in my MC library. So I suppose my question will be: how to I find the Download folder from MC? This would apply to your point 2) as well, as far as I can see.

ugee

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 03:27:49 pm »

Well, File > Open Media File ... should work. I don't think that explorer style file browsing from MCs side panel is implemented in the Mac version. But I may be wrong.

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 04:06:39 pm »

With File/Open Media File I'm ALMOST there!  :) But it seems I'm able to open one song at a time, not an entire album. And yes, I also think that this must be different from the PC version.

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 02:08:25 am »

Got it! By going to the new folder in Downloads, open the album folder, mark all and right-click "Open in Media Center"!
Thanks for helpful input"
:-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up