INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera/Phone Pictures and Videos Import  (Read 1006 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Camera/Phone Pictures and Videos Import
« on: November 28, 2017, 06:20:31 pm »

I made a rule on import to get Videos tagged as "Home Videos" based on a post I made a while ago (thx to glynor for his help).
Earlier post here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,109320.msg756792.html#msg756792.

I currently use Photoshop Organizer to get them imported by folder date: (YYYY MM DD). I would use MC if it could do this but since it doesn't read exif I don't think it's possible...But that's another topic.

This works but I currently have 2 issues:

VIDEO Files: I need to do a "library update from tag" to get MC to read the newly generated sidecar files after the import. Not sure why this extra step is needed.
PICTURES: This "Apply tag on import" seems to mess .jp file somehow as the picture files gets modified (not sure what gets modified in the metadata of the .jpg I can investigate a little more on this part)

Importing those same files on another PC with the sidecar files already created works great and the .jpg files are left intact.  So it looks like it's the Apply tag on import feature even though it's only supposed to look at video files...

On another note may I suggest we add a Camera Import Topic just like handhelds, Television etc...? Just a thought.  Would avoid us going back and forth in different MC versions and re-creating posts on the same topic.

Thx!

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Camera/Phone Pictures and Videos Import
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 07:49:22 pm »

Actually even on the second PC with sidecar files present the Sub Media Type didn't get updated.
It did after forcing a manual Update Tags (from library)
Pages: [1]   Go Up