Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iTrip  (Read 1189 times)

larrym

• nothing more to say...
iTrip
« on: June 24, 2003, 07:33:53 am »

Has anyone had any success in making iTrip work with MC 9.1.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: iTrip
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 08:42:20 am »

Does iTrip show up as a removable drive on your PC?

Warlock

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 11:08:54 am »

Steve: iTrip is an attachment for the IPOD that transmits the music at a set frequency that the user can select by choosing from a number of "frequency mp3s" that are stored on the IPOD.

Larrym:  iTrip works for me.  I am using MC 9.1 and a first generation IPOD.  Just copy the list of frequencies from the Griffin CD to your hardrive.  I didn't even import them into the MC library, I just right clicked on them in the MC tree and chose send to handheld.  They are loaded on the IPOD with "iTrip" as the album name.  Browse to the iTrip album and choose your frequency.  It was that simple.

As an aside, however, I have not been happy with the iTrip's range.  It doesn't work at all in my car and it needs to be within a foot or two from the radio to play.  As I bought it primarily to use in the car, I am considering sending it back because of this  :(

TimB

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 12:27:04 pm »

I use an iTrip with very good and sometimes bad results. :)

During daylight hours I can get a good signal lock on in my car, my house, etc.  Evening (when I think its the ionosphere that rises) its not so hot.

I just created a playlist with all the frequencies (need to trim it down to just a dozen or so) sync that playlist to the iPod and work that way.  If the frequencies are on the iPod and its not working I guess then that its an iTrip (or maybe iPod) issue.

A good place to check for discussion on the iTrip is in the "Gear" section of http://ipodlounge.com/forums/

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up