INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem of playing through chain of JRiver media Centers  (Read 2103 times)

jcdenton

• Recent member
Problem of playing through chain of JRiver media Centers
« on: November 25, 2017, 07:58:07 pm »

Hello! First thing I would like to say is big thank for this product, which is really awesome (There is really no alternative ;))

Looking through and similar questions, I did not find them, therefore I decided to create this topic.

So, Main story:

Since i bought NUC-based platform (Asrock Beebox N3000), installed Linux Mint 18.2 and also JRiver Media Center for Linux, I designed basic media schema for my LAN at home:

-> Asrock Beebox N3000 as the main 24/7 linux media server (enabled server\client\renderer with key and auth by default) with local SDD\HDD's contains bunch of TBs of media-data
 -> 3 Desktop PC (Windows 8.1 x64) with JRiver connected to Asrock as clients and playing any media (they also have enabled server\client\renderer)
 -> Multiple TV\devices (mostly android devices with installed BubbleUPNP app <-- great app, which provides server\client\renderer features)

I. In this basic schema everything works fine as it should, but if i try to (for example) select zone (one of android phone with BubbleUPNP) from JRiver (PC) also connected to Asrock (Server) and play something (10 tracks), then JRiver just hangs for seconds and tries to play next track from those 10, iterate over and over through tracks. Also JRiver counts 'Played' fields in Library.

I see WIFI activity from that phone, when i try to send something from jriver, but nothing plays. Same for any other DLNA devices!  :'(

But when i connect to Asrock and try to select any zone and directly from that Server play something - it obviously works fine!  ?

II. Also Commands like Copy\Paste don't work in this schema (Copy some 10 tracks from JRiver as a client connected to Asrock JRiver Server and Paste in some place in Windows Explorer)  <-- I checked, just copied Buffer in .txt file and buffer includes all library fields with path of track location, which was wrong and obviously Windows Explorer cannot handle this linux path like:

/media-server/subdirectories/filename.mp3

What i did to solve this:

Since Linux and Windows have different path formation, i installed "Crossover" (Wine-ng based emulator oriented for games) to Asrock and also install JRiver Media Center Windows version to "Windows 7 bottle" inside Crossover software, stopped JRiver and manually moved settings from linux based JRiver and also reformed whole library by changing file locations:

from "/media-server/subdirectories/filename.mp3" to "z:\media-server\subdirectories\filename.mp3", also made Z: network-drive on PC's

Now i have Asrock with linux with Crossover software with emulated windows 7 and inside JRiver (WTF mu-ha-ha   :o  ;D)

Ok, at least it works, BUT Copy\Paste still doesn't work, copied buffer contains correct path and i can open it in Windows Explorer, but it doesn't paste  >:(  If i again connect to Asrock and directly copy\paste there from JRiver it works fine!!! Agahhxg :-X

Why if JRiver as a client connected to another JRiver server which provides library cannot play anything to selected zone and also cannot copy\paste media data if path of files in copied buffer absolutely correct ?!

P.S. - Why i cannot use Asrock directly for this features, because I want to leave it as a server and make such operation on client!

So, in conclusion here is the main issues:

1) It is possible to select zones from JRiver (client) connected to JRiver (server with Main library) and send\play? Also vise versa (Any DLNA device as client connects to -> JRiver (provides client\server\renderer), but it, in turn, is a client connected to main JRiver Server(Main library)) ?  <-- This is the same issue, upnp player just iterate over playlist and nothing, but if select JRiver Server(Main library), it plays fine...

2) It is possible to Copy\Paste files from JRiver (client) connected to JRiver (server with Main library) instead of directly from JRiver (server with Main library)?

P.S. - Logs contains nothing related to issues =(

If needs more data, then i will provide.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem of playing through chain of JRiver media Centers
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 02:47:11 am »

Try toggling Setnext on the renderers.

If you still have trouble, use the server itself as the DLNA Server and stream to the Androids.  In other words, don't connect from the clients, but use the server, just to reduce the complexity.

jcdenton

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 02:27:54 pm »

Try toggling Setnext on the renderers.

If you still have trouble, use the server itself as the DLNA Server and stream to the Androids.  In other words, don't connect from the clients, but use the server, just to reduce the complexity.

Ok thx, i will try and respond ASAP

jcdenton

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 01:33:40 pm »

toggling Setnext doesn't help .

BTW, i think i found root of issues:

Since all these JRiver's connected to Library server and act as clients, but also they provide DLNA Server\Controller\Renderer, then I try to push from the client through a zone to other DLNA renderer (any renderer not being JRiver), I traced URL which clients try to push begins with m01p://<ip>:52199/MCWS/v1/File/GetFile? File= <id>.

And if to send directly from the server of library, then URL -> http://<ip>:52102/Music/<id>.mp3

Of course no UPNP\DLNA Renderer or Client will be able to process a request with m01p://<ip> ?

- Schema JRiver Library Server <- JRiver clients -> push to -> any JRiver renderer, works because they all understand "m01p://"

- But schema JRiver Library Server <- JRiver clients -> push to -> any UPNP\DLNA Renderer doesn't work at all, because of "m01p://" ?

P.S.1 - I know you said "In other words, don't connect from the clients, but use the server, just to reduce the complexity", but i need the complexity, because i made Asrock acts as a server (once configured, never touch :)   It doesn't have any connected monitor\keyboard\mouse, only Remote Desktop\SSH Access, i don't want operate there manually)

P.S.2 - I also have small idea how to solve this: Library server may share its own zones to clients by default, so i just disable DLNA controller on clients and they will see all zones from Library server like "There: some_upnp_renderer" so its ok too  :D

But anyway question still here "Why clients push m01p://  ?"  I read whole wiki, but nothing more than "Establishes a connection to <host>, a hostname or IP address that specifies the remote Media Server." from here https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/The_Command_Line ...

jcdenton

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 01:05:01 pm »

Anyone?
Pages: [1]   Go Up