INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minor bug with comment field  (Read 695 times)

Landozelig

• Recent member
Minor bug with comment field
« on: November 30, 2017, 04:11:55 pm »

Hi,

I use the comment field of the audio tags for my sorting. I put the album release date followed by the band name. ex: 19891020NINEINCHNAILS

When I select an artist from the main Audio tab on the left, I show all the albums by that artist with thumbnails. I set 'Sort By' to Comments. The problem is that comments is blank here, so no sorting can occur. The comments show up below in the details, but not where I'm trying to sort. This is a bug. I have tested it by creating a custom library field called myComments, which is a calculated data field with the expression [Comment]. When I sort by myComments, it works and it shows up.

The attached image probably makes this less confusing that I have. My Thumbnail Text expression is 3 lines
[Name]
[Comment]
[myComments]

In the image you can see the name, and then a blank line where Comment should be, and then myComments.

My workaround accomplishes what I want to do, but I just thought I'd let you know that Comment is not populating correctly in the upper half of the album artist window. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up