INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Potential JR Newbie and Qobuz  (Read 1668 times)

liffy99

• Recent member
Potential JR Newbie and Qobuz
« on: December 02, 2017, 03:17:39 am »

At present I play my music files from my Vortexbox running Logitech Media Server to a Raspberry Pi (running Picoreplayer) to my stereo’s DAC (spdif coax cable as no optical sockets left). Control is via Orangesqueeze on an Android tablet.
I have a Qobuz plugin running within LMS that provides basic playback functionality of Qobuz although it does not allow, for example, playlist management.
Access to the Vortexbox is via a GUI to my IMac.

Soon, I was hoping to replace the IMac with a higher capacity version, ditch the Vortexbox and LMS and run my music directly from the Mac (retaining control by a tablet based app ).
To this end JRiver seemed a contender with LMC and its remote app. But is there a way to stream Qobuz through it ?

I’ve struggled through setup of my current system as I am not that technical and know next to nothing of Linux, command prompts etc. I just about grasped the concepts of server / client etc but mention of renderers (wassat ?) bubblePnP etc leaves me clueless.

Is there a way to achieve my goal and that I can learn to accomplish ?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Potential JR Newbie and Qobuz
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 04:12:19 am »

The DLNA terminology is explained in the DLNA topic on our wiki.

There is no support for Qobuz or any other streaming service.

On Windows, you can use MC as a driver so any service can play to it.

churchmouse

• Recent member
Re: Potential JR Newbie and Qobuz
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 03:50:40 pm »

At present I play my music files from my Vortexbox running Logitech Media Server to a Raspberry Pi (running Picoreplayer) to my stereo’s DAC (spdif coax cable as no optical sockets left). Control is via Orangesqueeze on an Android tablet.
I have a Qobuz plugin running within LMS that provides basic playback functionality of Qobuz although it does not allow, for example, playlist management.
Access to the Vortexbox is via a GUI to my IMac.

Soon, I was hoping to replace the IMac with a higher capacity version, ditch the Vortexbox and LMS and run my music directly from the Mac (retaining control by a tablet based app ).
To this end JRiver seemed a contender with LMC and its remote app. But is there a way to stream Qobuz through it ?

I’ve struggled through setup of my current system as I am not that technical and know next to nothing of Linux, command prompts etc. I just about grasped the concepts of server / client etc but mention of renderers (wassat ?) bubblePnP etc leaves me clueless.

Is there a way to achieve my goal and that I can learn to accomplish ?

Thanks
Set up the JRiver as a server - the instructions are available online.

Search for BubbleUPNP server and download to your Mac - you will find it is possible to set up an OpenHome server on your Mac and then use the BubbleUPNP Android app on your tablet to stream Qobuz through JRiver as the renderer.  The Bubble functionality for Qobuz is good, giving you playlists, favourites and full search. Alternatively, you can use the Android Qobuz app and use it's share function to share through the Bubble app to JRiver.

The process is actually quite easy - I'm no techie and I managed to work my way through the instructions so that I now control all of my music using BubbleUPNP on my tablet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up