INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id USB Kit For NUC 5i5RYH and Intel BIOS Latest Update  (Read 2626 times)

archd

• Recent member
Id USB Kit For NUC 5i5RYH and Intel BIOS Latest Update
« on: December 02, 2017, 10:52:21 am »

Currently awaiting purchased Id USB Kit to be shipped out.  Kit to be used on Intel NUC 5i5RYH.  Intel has latest NUC BIOS update 0367 dated 9-29-2017.

Should I use this BIOS update after kit installation on NUC?  Does Id USB Kit auto install provide BIOS update for Debian Linux installation process?

Per the below Intel link which file should I use: A) "Recovery BIOS update [RY0367.BIO] - A .BIO file to be used for F7 BIOS Update method or a BIOS recovery process,"  B) "iflash BIOS update [RYBDWi35.86A.0367.BI.ZIP] - A DOS-based utility to update the BIOS regardless of operating system."

Thanks for your time!

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27230/NUCs-BIOS-Update-RYBDWi35-86A-?product=83255

P.S. - SSD to be used / SanDisk 250GB Ultra 3D NAND SATA III SSD - 2.5-inch Solid State Drive - SDSSDH3-250G-G25
Memory to be used / CORSAIR Vengeance Performance 16GB (2 x 8G) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3L 1600 (PC3L 12800) Laptop Memory Model CMSX16GX3M2B1600C9
DAC to be used / JDS Labs Standalone Objective DAC Rev B
FLAC files via external drive to be used / Western Digital 1TB My Passport drive

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Id USB Kit For NUC 5i5RYH and Intel BIOS Latest Update
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 11:30:06 am »

Updating the BIOS could be done at any time.  It's not related to the Id software.  Probably best to do it now if possible.  Intel should have instructions.

archd

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 10:15:07 pm »

Thank you for the info and your time!

BradATIMA

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 03:46:01 pm »

Per the below Intel link which file should I use: A) "Recovery BIOS update [RY0367.BIO] - A .BIO file to be used for F7 BIOS Update method or a BIOS recovery process,"  B) "iflash BIOS update [RYBDWi35.86A.0367.BI.ZIP] - A DOS-based utility to update the BIOS regardless of operating system."

When we update the BIOS here, we just use the .BIO file. The zip version will contain the .BIO file along with a .exe but the .exe will be useless for the Id. It's easiest to just use the .BIO file and F7 method.

archd

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 02:43:37 pm »

Got latest Id USB Kit up and running on Intel NUC 5i5RYH with Intel's latest BIOS (0367) update.  Please refer to earlier post for additional hardware being used.

No problem up and running two channel FLAC files and import process.

Current issue is not being able to import MKV video (not seeing them in video tree) files.  Plus when executing single or auto import function I get error window of "audio cannot be read only."  Confused on this because I don't believe/remember setting up initial audio as read only from my external USB drive.

Also, when trying to use "file/open media file" option I get the error window something went wrong.

archd

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 04:27:18 pm »

Connected CAT6 cable to NUC / Id MC23 for getting online help.., video playback works!  Made no changes to setup, but thought I would try to video playback of MKV file while getting online help.

Is an internet connection required for video playback?  I'm playing back video files via a directly connect USB port drive.  Using this same connection with NO internet I have no problem with FLAC audio playback.

One video playback problem is that video and audio are not in sync - audio lags on screen video.  The difference is enough that makes viewing annoying on video playback.  Tried setting that I think are the correct ones, but it only seems to make the situation worse.  Cannot find where to offset this in MC23 - that is to slow the video output.

Thanks for your time again!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 12:25:43 am »

Is an internet connection required for video playback? 
Yes.  Just once.  madVR and LAV are downloaded and installed.  You could read about Red October on our wiki.
Pages: [1]   Go Up