INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restoring Library on a new PC / Library image files  (Read 882 times)

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Restoring Library on a new PC / Library image files
« on: December 03, 2017, 03:20:08 am »

Hi there. I have just finished rebuilding my PC with a fresh install of Windows 10 after formatin my C: drive and my RAID data drive.

I entered my key for Media 23 and received an email titled "Temporary Install Key for JRiver, Inc. Media Center 23 Windows" but it's the same key. Does this just mean I have used the same key to install the software twice - even though it's restoring the same PC? I will probably have to replace the PC soon which means I will receive this again?

Also on restoring the library from a backup there are many albums without coverart again. Many because the first track has the image missing while others are there. This is because I have a new C: install and the files are no longer in AppData\Roaming etc.?

Is there a way to copy the image file I get from the internet back into the file tag - so I can minimise the number of images stored in User\AppData\Roaming\JRiver\Media Center XX\CoverArt ?

David
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Restoring Library on a new PC / Library image files
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 03:47:59 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up