INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Now window  (Read 2061 times)

Shalmaneser

• Recent member
Playing Now window
« on: December 05, 2017, 02:46:41 am »

How do I change the display layout of files listed in "Playing Now"? I'm looking to use something like "details" setting of Windows Explorer.
Thanks!

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Playing Now window
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 03:39:54 am »

Hello and welcome to Interact, Shalmaneser

give a right click on that header and you have lots of choices
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Shalmaneser

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 02:47:54 am »

Hello and welcome to Interact Shalmaneser

give a right click on that header and you have lots of choices
Not seeing anything helpful there. Was going to post screenshots, however MP conflicts with prntscr. Lots of sort options, but I'm not seeing any display format options.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 05:25:53 am »

assuming you mean the bottom part of playing now (where the file list is)?

right click on any of the column names (headers) like "Name", and a list of the library fields will appear.  simply click on any of the field names and that column is now displayed.  you can drag columns around to position them as well, and make them go away by unchecking them in the list

hopefully that is what you meant?  (it is what OM was getting at...)

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 04:35:23 pm »

I am thinking are are talking about the info that is displayed while a track etc is playing?

If so.  While a track is playing you can right click on the Display part of the screen.  Then go to "Track Info" and then select a template.  My favourites are either the "Noire" or the "Noire Viz" which includes Lyrics if embedded.

Beyond that you can edit the actual templates, (Or Find one that has the info you want), but someone else will have to help you with that as I have not played around with that yet.

Hopefully that helps.

Let us know if we are wrong about what you are trying to achieve.  These are two different answers because it was a bit unclear what info you are trying to see where?

Carl.

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 04:38:45 pm »

Also something else to note.  Depending on the size of your cover art the info screen can be too big or too small.

You can click within the info screen and use "CTRL and +" to make it bigger or "CTRL and -" to make it smaller just like in a web browser.

Not sure if there is a setting somewhere to normalise this so that different sized cover art does not have the affect of changing the display text and other info size?

Carl

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 05:15:56 pm »

I think I can help, if I am understanding you correctly.

If you want to get details on the bottom half of the screen, like in the screenshot above, look at the red arrow on the top left of the screenshot.  Hover over the little triangle and a menu will pop up, then hover over "List Style" and choose "Details"

If you don't want to get the cover art (where the blue swirly stuff is in my screenshot) then look at the red arrow in the middle of the screenshot above.  If you click the little triangle on the left it will expand the bottom part all the way up to the top.  Alternatively, you can drag that bar up and down.

Hope that helps.

I don't know why my picture isn't showing up, but you can find it here http://moesrealm.com/img/MC/view.png
Pages: [1]   Go Up