INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 9.1 and Sony DRX-500ULX  (Read 1019 times)

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
MC 9.1 and Sony DRX-500ULX
« on: June 22, 2003, 10:42:29 pm »

Burn report w/ B203, Sony DVD ext drive, and DVD+RW's ...

Data DVD

1) Will not honor previous sessions on disk (and no option to do so). Always overwrites regardless if sessions were created by Stomp RNM or MC. Recorded tracks show up in the burn list as "On Disk". Other than that, disk was read and played flawlessly by MC.
2) Question: MC's data DVD's are in UDF format, correct?

Audio DVD

1) Allows you to go through the motions of making a DVD Audio disk but after files are decoded MC stops with the burn window status "Couldn't start audio recording session". Total track time was 60 min's.
2) With a big burn of 200 minutes, MC claimed there wasn't enough disk space. Time Remaining indicated that there were 300 minutes left (~ 500 min total). MC allowed me to continue but I aborted. Odds are that 1) would have occured.

Misc: Dragging a playlist over to the Sony to burn doesn't work (not sure if it supposed to, though).

Off topic: MC has no PNG support

Media Center Registered 9.1.203 -- d:\MediaCenter\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 698 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 243 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive X:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Y:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Z:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   S:\mp3\RaceRun.wav

Burning /  Drive X: SONY     DVD RW DRU-500A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:44  MaxSpeed:44  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Drive Z: YAMAHA   CRW-F1E            Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:44  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

10-27

JohnT

Re: MC 9.1 and Sony DRX-500ULX
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 06:29:28 am »

Data DVD:
1. I'll look into this problem.
2. MC's DVD's are in ISO 9660 format.

Audio DVD:
Sorry, MC doesn't do audio DVD format. MC should (will) handle this more gracefully if a user attempts an audio burn onto DVD.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 09:23:44 am »

Thanks John

FYI: Despite the Stomp RNM being a UDF session, MC saw it just fine (but still overwrote).

Whats strange is that I have killed the DLA packet write software (was causing problems), yet W2k is still able to read the disk. W2k can't natively read UDF without help, In the past I've always had to install Roxio's UDFReader or have DLA, DCD, or InCD present (none are now). None of the W2k SP's enabled UDF support AFAIK. Have any idea on this?

10-27

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 05:18:57 am »

Are you sure the RNM file system is UDF only and not either ISO9660 or UDF/ISO bridge format? Did you try "IsoBuster" to check the contents of the disk?

On the other hand, maybe uninstalling the DLA software left the UDF reading support on the system??
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up